• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you get trip insurance after you have paid?

MouseEarsforUs

Earning My Ears
A family member is having some health issues and we are to go to Disney in Feb. Just wondering if we would be able to get insurance this late. Our trip is less than a month away.

What are the "rules" for rescheduling a trip if you don't have insurance or is that allowed? I think we will be fine to go but just playing it safe.

WDW travel will not let you buy their trip insurance once you PIF after 45 day mark. If you cancel 44 days or less in advance, there is a cancellation fee of $200.

At this point it would be a pre-existing condition and you probably won't be able to get coverage from an outside trip insurance company either.

Disney is usually flexible if you're looking to move your trip to a new date due to a medical situation.

WDW travel will not let you buy their trip insurance once you PIF after 45 day mark. If you cancel 44 days or less in advance, there is a cancellation fee of $200.

You can always check out the policies at insuremytrip.com. We purchase through them every time we cruise and have always found them to be reasonably priced. The one time we filed a claim, we had a check within a week.

You can always check out the policies at insuremytrip.com. We purchase through them every time we cruise and have always found them to be reasonably priced. The one time we filed a claim, we had a check within a week.

We use InsureMyTrip.com or SquareMouth.com to cover our vacations, but as stargazer posted, the family now has what is considered a pre-existing condition and if you could find a policy that would cover them, it would be very expensive.....

we had to add insurance before paying off our balance. once the balance is paid, no way to add insurance -- at least through Disney. Not sure about outside sources.

We use InsureMyTrip.com or SquareMouth.com to cover our vacations, but as stargazer posted, the family now has what is considered a pre-existing condition and if you could find a policy that would cover them, it would be very expensive.....

IF the person would be medically able to travel TODAY you could most likely get insurance through TravelGuard. My dad had cancer and we booked a trip after we were told he was dying, but since he was medically cleared to travel when we bought the trip insurance, when he did eventually die and we had to file a claim, it was approved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter