Can You Get Married At Disney Without Their Services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyWithMyBoyz

Mouseketeer
This will be a 2nd marriage for both of us and we want something simple.

We were thinking on the beach of the Grand Floridian or Poly. 15 guests. Our own minister. Simple dress. Bring our own flowers, own transportation, dinner somewhere simple. Basically do it ourselves because we don't have $5000 for a wedding. LoL!

Will Disney even allow this?

Nope. If they catch you it's possible you will get the boot.

There are some other more reasonably prices options such as the Swan and Dolphin or Shades of Green, pretty close to getting married on property and about half the cost!

That's rediculous...if you can't afford one of their packages, you can't get married in disney? We can't even afford HALF of $5000. Boo to that.

It's definitely a lot of money in this economy, so most of us have to focus on saving up if we want it badly enough. If you don't want it that badly, of course it's going to seem ridiculous to you. :) But Disney is a business after all...you can't expect them to, say, let you into the park without purchasing a ticket just because you think their prices are too high, right?

Have you had the big white wedding before only to have your husband walk out on you for another woman? I did, 10 years ago. So this isn't my big hurrah wedding.

This is my second marriage and yes, I think that it's rediculous that Disney makes you purchase an entire package when all you need is the resort's beachfront for 20 minutes.

ETA- I'm sure that Disney will make PLENTY of money off of us on rooms, dining, tickets, etc. I'm certainly not asking for something for nothing.

We had a debate about how you can get married at Disney without going through DFTW a few weeks back here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190445

Maybe this will give you some ideas on what you could do to get married, but to be honest it's a contentious issue here. So don't take this with any disrespect, because it's honestly not that.

ETA- I'm sure that Disney will make PLENTY of money off of us on rooms, dining, tickets, etc. I'm certainly not asking for something for nothing.

I think that you are... You see, if I want to go to Disney with my family I'm going to pay for a room, park tickets, etc. That's my vacation. If I wanted to get married at Disney there are extra costs involved in that. (Making sure that guests aren't walking around the beach during your ceremony, for example) If you don't want to pay the money, that's fine. But then you are going to need to figure out other arrangements for your wedding.

Many women (and men) on this board had an intimate/escape wedding as their second marriage. I'm sorry if this comes off rude, but I don't think that should be your excuse to not have to pay for a Disney wedding.

This question has been asked and answered a thousand times on this board and the answer is always the same. If you do this and you get caught (and you might, especially if you are near the WP or Francks) you will be asked to leave property. DFTW reads the boards. They'll know.

In the grand scheme of wedding prices $5000 is a very small amount. I'm not saying it's not a lot of money, but for a wedding it is fairly cheap.

To say that it is ridiculous for a private property to charge you to use their space is crazy. I don't think there is anywhere that would let you use their location for FREE.

If you have already had the 'big white wedding' there is always the courthouse. If it is important enough to you to have it at Disney, then it's not that hard to save up the money over time for it. I'm sorry your first husband left you, but that's not Disney's fault.

LoL, after reading the other thread that somebody posted, I'm going to agree with what the OP of that thread said. WRONG PLACE TO POST THIS! It was wrong to ask all of you brides who paid the full disney dollar to get married in disney how I could have my 2nd wedding cheap and easy without doing the whole package.

Sorry I asked here. I will do my own research!

Good Luck with all of your planning...and BTW i mean that in a really positive way:goodvibes

You could always drive to the beach in the morning and have the ceremony there. Then that afternoon after the drive back you could have dinner at the earliest O'Hana seating. Then cap the day off with a dessert party in Epcot. The minimum is $22/person and the site venue rental fee is around $200. So you are looking at around $600 for the dessert party.

IF Disney allowed you have a "do it yourself wedding" on the GF beach the site fee would be sky high and your savings would be minimal. IF there was a cheap alternative to Disney's deals popular sites would be booked years in advance.

You picked a very poor location for a "secret" wedding. Rent a suite in one of the deluxe hotels. You might get away with it. Don't expect to get away with wedding in a public location at WDW without paying whatever $$$ Disney wants to charge.

Try the S/D.

Going to a Disney resort and trying to "sneak" a wedding strikes me as the same as walking into a beauty parlor with your own stylist, sitting down and getting your hair cut for free.

One would expect the shop owner to be upset by this and not allow it, certainly. After all, the shop owner loses money if this happens, not to mention how disrespectful it is to the shop owner who has worked so hard to build a reputation and create buisness that survives the test of time.

This is the same case. Disney is offering a service and a location for this service to occur. They've built a reputation, and have created a market for Disney Weddings. They are well within their rights to protect that.

"Sneaking" a Disney wedding is stealing. And it's wrong.

Going to a Disney resort and trying to "sneak" a wedding strikes me as the same as walking into a beauty parlor with your own stylist, sitting down and getting your hair cut for free.

One would expect the shop owner to be upset by this and not allow it, certainly. After all, the shop owner loses money if this happens, not to mention how disrespectful it is to the shop owner who has worked so hard to build a reputation and create buisness that survives the test of time.

This is the same case. Disney is offering a service and a location for this service to occur. They've built a reputation, and have created a market for Disney Weddings. They are well within their rights to protect that.

"Sneaking" a Disney wedding is stealing. And it's wrong.

:thumbsup2 What he said!

You could always drive to the beach in the morning and have the ceremony there. Then that afternoon after the drive back you could have dinner at the earliest O'Hana seating. Then cap the day off with a dessert party in Epcot. The minimum is $22/person and the site venue rental fee is around $200. So you are looking at around $600 for the dessert party.

This sounds like a great option...can't afford the dessert party..just plan a nice dinner for you and your family.

Have you had the big white wedding before only to have your husband walk out on you for another woman? I did, 10 years ago. So this isn't my big hurrah wedding.

This is my second marriage and yes, I think that it's rediculous that Disney makes you purchase an entire package when all you need is the resort's beachfront for 20 minutes.

I actually did have my big white wedding AND have my husband walk out on me for another woman... so I know that the feeling sucks but that doesn't mean that we get to have our next weddings at a discounted rate (although I wish it did:lmao:)! It would be one thing if Disney were public property but it's not- it's private so you have to pay to use it's facilities- beaches included. We are planning a simple wedding a Sunset Pointe on the Poly but will be paying for the basic Escape package- it just not worth it to me to try and sneak the wedding and risk being kicked out. The reason Disney offers Escape packages are for those of us who don't need the big white wedding- that's what the Wishes packages are for- so it's actually somewhat accomodating. IMO Disney is a premium location to have the type of wedding we want so I'll pay the premium price for it. If you really can't afford this I would definately check out some of the other ceremony options around Disney and still celebrate at Disney afterwards. With your group size of 15 I think a reception on the Grand 1 with fireworks after would be perfect:lovestruc Congrats on finding your real Prince Charming this time around, and good luck with your plans... I hope you figure something out that works well for you and doesn't break the bank.

I'd just like to add that we are having an offsite ceremony, but celebrating half of our special day at disney, and have been very upfront about the process and they have been wonderful to us so far. We are having a private meal, cake, and even Mickey! And we're still on the fence about an evening fireworks event. So if you chose for financial reasons to go offsite, but want some of the disney magic, that is definitely a great option for you! :thumbsup2

I know you want a cheap wedding and DYI but that doesn't mean Disney shouldn't charge you for service just like the rest of us. I understand you were left but as some said before its NOT Disney's fault at all!! No one gets a free ride if they let you do it then everyone is going to want to. You have to think of it that way and not think of it as of just you and they should feel sorry cause you got left.

This question has been asked and answered, so I am locking this thread before the topic turns ugly, again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter