Can you get french onion soup for snack credit at BoG dinner?

disneypolybride2008

DIS Veteran
Hi. We are on the regular dining plan and so we would not get an appetizer. I found that you can get the french onion soup at BoG for a snack credit, but wondering if this is at dinner also.

:banana:

At $7.49, the soup at dinner is too expensive for DDP Snacks, so . . .
. . . lunch, yes
. . . dinner, no

it looks so good! how would it work to use a snack credit when ordering it at lunch from the fast pass+ when i already selected the meal and that we are on the dining plan. is this possible?

Was there a couple weeks ago and ate twice, getting it both times. It would not accept it as a Snack Credit on my order either time. In case you don't know, once you get through the line inside and outside, they send you to kiosks to place your order on touch screens. Then you either scan your band or get a rose that scans (this is how they know where to bring your food). They weren't telling many people with the bands what to do, so I actually told a few standing there waiting for a rose that their band will do the same for them.

What I think I needed to do was complete my order without it, using my Counter Credits. Then start a new order with just the soup, using a Snack Credit. Similar to what they do in the food courts. But with all the people breathing down your necks as they line them up behind you at the kiosks, I just replied to charge to room and let it go.

thank you for explaining it. guess i will have to use my snack credit on something else, since we FP+ expressed and already selected our meals so we won't see the kiosks. Oh well. Maybe i will buy it at dinner time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter