Can you get DDP on a split stay

TiggerPiglet

<font color=CC33CC>Still stumped<br><font color=gr
I'm going to be doing a split stay in September and I'm hoping they offer the free dining plan, since they have done this this time last year. I was wondering if I do a split stay, can I still do the DDP for my entire stay, even though it will be at two resorts? Also, I've read that in order to get the DDP, you must purchase tickets. I have AP's. Can I still get the DDP even though I have an AP already?

From the 2007 Disney Dining Plan FAQ:
Do I have to stay onsite?
Yes, you must be staying at a Disney hotel and book a package, or be staying at an on-site DVC resort and staying on DVC points.

Is there an admission purchase requirement?
With the exception of guests staying at DVC resorts on DVC points, you must at least purchase a basic one day admission ticket, but you do not have to purchase a ticket that matches the number of nights you are staying.
So both parts of your split-stay will have to be MYW packages, and you'll have to purchase MYW passes (at least one day for each member of your party) for BOTH halves of your visit (to be used at a later date -- presumably after you AP expires).

The FAQ can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1305783
It may answer other questions you might have about the Dining Plan.

I haven't done this myself, but I have read posts from members who did split stays and only got the DDP for one portion of their stay. I believe they did it by making seperate reservations for the two parts of their stay. If it's all one reservation, bicker is right, it's an all or nothing deal.

Also keep in mind, though, that if you don't use the minimum passes you can apply them towards your next AP renewal or other ticket purchases. So it's not wasted.

The other option, since you already have the AP, is the DDE card. You might want to look into that and see if that meets your needs better than DDP.

Don't forget that, although you don't pay for the "free DDP," it's a part of a package which includes rack rates for your room and the minimum park ticket. Depending on your dates and resort choices, you might come out better with AP room rates and the DDE card.

Bicker, sorry, I should have mentioned I was staying on site.

Jim, I do have the DDE card, but I figured if the free DDP was offered during the time I was going, it might be a good deal, but like you said, you have to pay rack rate for the DDP, so maybe it's not such a good deal after all.;)

From what I'm getting from this, basically if you're an AP holder, you really can't take advantage of the DDP, at least for me, since I don't plan on getting the AP again. I only have it now because I could actually go twice within a year, it doesn't look like I'll be able to do that for a while.

Thanks for the info guys:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter