• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you get a fridge in a value resort?

All on-site resort rooms now have fridges. However, the challenge at the moment is a recall that has left some rooms without a working fridge while they are gradually replaced. Replacements are scheduled to be done by November, possibly earlier. If you are visiting before this is completed, you can request a fridge and they will try to have it for you but recognize it may not be possible due to inventory.

No, there was not always a refrigerator in value rooms. This is a relatively recent addition, I think within a couple of years. As of right now, because of a recall on the type of refrigerator used, if you are there anytime before November there is the possibility you may not have a working one in your room until they are all replaced, because they are being replaced gradually.

The recall did not affect suites or DVC timeshare units, except some at Aulani.

Thanks! I've been to disney a lot and for some reason couldn't remember. Hopefully there will be a frig when I go.

Thanks! I've been to disney a lot and for some reason couldn't remember. Hopefully there will be a frig when I go.

I thought I read somewhere that all fridges would be replaced within a few months. I believe all deluxe resort fridges have finished the replacement.

We're going to be at ASMo next week. Anyone know if they've completely replaced the refrigerators?

We're going to be at ASMo next week. Anyone know if they've completely replaced the refrigerators?

No. I am there now and we were advised no fridges when we booked and there is, in fact, no fridge. Not sure if that is the entire resort or just the room type we booked. (Preferred 101 Dalmations)

Are they offering a $15.09 a night credit to those without a fridge? I know they have at the mods. I just wonder this because we stay at pop for our arrival night in 14 days.

We just got back from Pop - we had a new fridge in the room and the CM got super snooty when I mentioned the credit and told me they were no longer doing credits.

No. I am there now and we were advised no fridges when we booked and there is, in fact, no fridge. Not sure if that is the entire resort or just the room type we booked. (Preferred 101 Dalmations)

Okay. Thank you very much. Have a great vacation. :)

Just back on Tuesday from ASmo. I had received "the letter" announcing I would not have a fridge in my room prior to my trip, but I, in fact, did have a fridge in my king bed accessible room. No note not to plug it in.

It was nice for the cheese I brought, soda and the Giordano's pizza leftovers.

Are they offering a $15.09 a night credit to those without a fridge? I know they have at the mods. I just wonder this because we stay at pop for our arrival night in 14 days.

I've heard they're only offering the credit if you request a fridge and they're unable to provide one. (They give priority to medical requests.)

siskaren said:
Why would you need the credit if you had a fridge?

It was before I knew we'd have a fridge - when we checked in I asked if there would be a fridge in the room and the CM said possibly not, and I mentioned the credit if I got to the room and found out there was no fridge. Super-snootiness ensued so I let it slide until I got to the room and it turned out there was one anyway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter