Can you get a Christmas tree in your room?

Tiffx8

Earning My Ears
We are going DW over Christmas and would like to have a tree in our room, doesn't have to be huge. I have looked around online and it looks like Disney florist used to do Christmas trees but I can't find them on their site now. Do they still do trees and they just aren't listed yet? Thanks :)

They have two trees listed THIS one and THIS one.
HERE is the December group thread for this year if you'd like to join us, we've been talking a little about trees in the last week or so. Another option is bringing your own small tree or using Amazon to get one there on arrival day.

They have two trees listed THIS one and THIS one.
HERE is the December group thread for this year if you'd like to join us, we've been talking a little about trees in the last week or so. Another option is bringing your own small tree or using Amazon to get one there on arrival day.

Thank you so much for the links...I don't know why I couldn't find them when I searched. Holy cow though! the tree is way too much! I think I will bring our own 6' prelit one. We are flying Southwest and have plenty of free check ins.

I think I will bring our own 6' prelit one.

I don't know where you are staying, but we've stayed in almost all the deluxe resorts and one moderate, and there is no way a 6 foot tree would fit in any of the regular rooms we've been in, with the possible exception of a 1 bedroom villa at OKW. The trees that the Disney Florist sells are designed to be displayed on the small table in your room.

I don't know where you are staying, but we've stayed in almost all the deluxe resorts and one moderate, and there is no way a 6 foot tree would fit in any of the regular rooms we've been in, with the possible exception of a 1 bedroom villa at OKW. The trees that the Disney Florist sells are designed to be displayed on the small table in your room.

We are staying in a 3 bdrm treehouse in SSR. I have 2 prelit 6' trees from walmart that I put in my kitchen every year...trust me when I say that they are only 6' when you stretch the very top bit of greenery all the way up, LOL! Realistically they are only about 4' tall...they split in half and come in a pretty compact box. I hope one will work because I really want a decent tree in our room.

We are staying in a 3 bdrm treehouse in SSR. I have 2 prelit 6' trees from walmart that I put in my kitchen every year...trust me when I say that they are only 6' when you stretch the very top bit of greenery all the way up, LOL! Realistically they are only about 4' tall...they split in half and come in a pretty compact box. I hope one will work because I really want a decent tree in our room.

We have not stayed in a treehouse, but I would have to guess that you may have room for the tree (you might have to rearrange furniture a bit). The height wouldn't be a problem in any room, but the width of the tree at the bottom may be an issue. We have an artificial tree and the bottom is probably 5 feet wide. Good Luck!!

DVC has asked in the past that guests not put any decorations where they can be seen from the outside of the unit. The treehouses are not all that big and you might have a problem if you need to open up the sleeper sofa (queen sized) and twin sized sleeper chair. None of the bedrooms are all that big. The bedroom with the bunk beds is really small. Room for the bunks and not much more. The scale of the room layout is a bit off.

If your tree is one of the taller, slimmer ones, you might be okay.
treehouse villa.jpg

Last edited:

Free luggage fee or not, I would never lug a Christmas tree to/from/through the airport. That sounds like a major pain. Plus, you'll have to bring decorations. What about just buying a small one that would fit on the table?

~Cari~ pluto:

I understand where you are coming from with wanting a decent tree, thats a big part of Christmas! However, I agree that it would be less hassle all around to get a slimmer one. That way you can still have the height that is bigger than one just sitting on a table but the tree is not taking up too much room and getting in the way. Also, skinnier trees require less decorations, so there will be less that you have to drag there with you!

The tree I was thinking of bringing is slimmer...but after looking at the layout of the treehouse...maybe I will just make a felt one or something to put on a door.

We've been over Christmas before, and once we did a stop at Target on the way to the resort (BWI). I found a super cute little 18" tree for about $4 or so. It fit on the armoir. I brought our stockings & used command hooks, which kept falling off the wall, lol.

Anyway, a small tabletop tree would be cute, and you can always get lights cheap (I think they were $1.99 at most).

I just left the tree when we checked out, put back neatly in the box.

I'm sure you can find a cute little one! Also somewhere like Amazon can ship it, so even though you can bring it, it can just be easier!

I've seen a small table-top Disney themed tree at the Christmas shop at DS. It was pretty cute, and wouldn't be a hassle to put back in the box & take it home.

I've brought a 6 foot slim tree and a suitcase of decorations quite a few times. The tree has a box with a carry handle. No problem on plane (Southwest) or fitting in WL and POR rooms :)

I don't know if this would help or not, but I think I've heard of Pixie Dust Delivery service bringing trees to rooms and in general I've found her prices online to be cheaper than the Disney florist ones, although she didn't list a particular price for the Christmas trees she delivered. I think it is case by case. I don't know if she would deliver to the treehouses, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter