Can you download Lines to a Droid or a Blackberry?

dchronister

DIS Veteran
Leaving in 2 weeks, yea!!!! Is Lines a free or inexpensive app, and also can it be down loaded to both a Droid and a Blackberry. I don't really want to have to subscribe to anything, but if I can't get a good free app, I will. Also when you go to download it, do you go to Disney or just Lines or how do I look it up. Thanks

Leaving in 2 weeks, yea!!!! Is Lines a free or inexpensive app, and also can it be down loaded to both a Droid and a Blackberry. I don't really want to have to subscribe to anything, but if I can't get a good free app, I will. Also when you go to download it, do you go to Disney or just Lines or how do I look it up. Thanks

There is definitely an app for the Droid and maybe the BB. Even so you can always goto m.touringplans.com, but without a subscription you get very minimal info.

For the Droid there is the under cover tourist app which is free.

I was just there and had them both but really didn't check out how accurate one was over the other.

I've never been able to find a WDW BB app in the BB app world. With the exception of one that had the park maps and descriptions of the rides. That was like $3.99 if I remember correctly. I can't give a review because I din't buy it lol.

I have the Lines app for my MyTouch slide (which runs on the android system). It's a great app. I used it for my trip this past Christmas. You do have to have a membership with touringplansdotcom to have access to Lines. I can't remember how much membership is but it's totally worth the money. I'm pretty sure they also have it for iPhone users but I'm not sure about Blackberry.

I just got Lines for my BB. It is not an app for the BB but access to the mobile site which has the same information as the apps for other phones, it is just delivered through the browser. I used it last week and had no problems and would recommend it.

Lines is the best - I had 3 different apps last trip and it was always accurate for both fast pass and standby! It's $9.99 I think (you get a subscription to TouringPlans as well). I loved that there is an option for people to post their wait times, as well as a timer so you can actually time how long you wait in line!

If your carrier is Verizon then download Disney's Mobile Magic (It might show up as Disney Parks). It's only $1.99, and it's updated directly by Disney. The other apps such as WDW Lines (AKA: Touring Plans) and Undercover Tourist's Walt Disney World are updated by other users, not Disney. For less than $2.00 I think the official Disney app is the best option.

There is definitely an app for the Droid and maybe the BB. Even so you can always goto m.touringplans.com, but without a subscription you get very minimal info.
The Lines app is free to download, but in order to use it, you have to subscribe to Touring Plans. If you catch a discount code (got mine in the All Ears weekly newsletter - with the code it was around $7) it comes in cheaper than the Verizon Mobile Magic app unless they changed it... it was $10 (Mobile Magic). The times on Lines have been VERY accurate.

For the Droid there is the under cover tourist app which is free.
I used the UT app last September and it was WAY off. It wholly relies on people in the parks for their data and half the time the app wouldn't update for several hours.

I assume there has been an update, but it wasn't worth it for us.

Lines is the best - I had 3 different apps last trip and it was always accurate for both fast pass and standby! It's $9.99 I think (you get a subscription to TouringPlans as well). I loved that there is an option for people to post their wait times, as well as a timer so you can actually time how long you wait in line!

Do you know if that will work if you want to renew an existing TP subscription?

My DW is a I-everything lover. I will have to have her get this app for our trip in June! Thanks for the info :thumbsup2!

If your carrier is Verizon then download Disney's Mobile Magic (It might show up as Disney Parks). It's only $1.99, and it's updated directly by Disney. The other apps such as WDW Lines (AKA: Touring Plans) and Undercover Tourist's Walt Disney World are updated by other users, not Disney. For less than $2.00 I think the official Disney app is the best option.

The Verizon app only works on a set number of phones. No iPhone , and a few bbs and droids.

I used Lines from Touring Plans on my DroidX last October and it worked well. I bought the 1 year subscription for 9.99. It was nice to also have access to all the crowd calendar and other planning info on the main Touring Plans site. Tried Ride Hopper on Droid and did not like it. Didn't find it very accurate.

kwitcherkicken99 - you were right. We were way off as we had some technical glitches for some users.

You are also correct that we corrected that issue with an update.

Our app does not rely solely on users:

1. We started in 2009 with 2,000,000 data points created from the collection of data from the parks over the years. It was good enough.
2. That data was enhanced with real time wait time submits from users.
3. Our smart algorithm learned and dynamically tightened the quality over 2010 and 2011.

After 15 months of live data from the parks sent in by hundreds of thousands of users across Android & iPhone platforms we have great insight into the day to day happenings :).

The experience is far better than before as the tech is fixed and our user base is huge because we are the bestselling Disney app in iPhone & Android charts.

The best advice is to still turn up to the park early, tour Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland hitting the big rides that have relatively low ride durations (allowing you to get to the next big ride quickly) and using FastPass wisely.

Thank you for the feedback, we sincerely appreciate the comments.

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

kwitcherkicken99 - you were right. We were way off as we had some technical glitches for some users.

You are also correct that we corrected that issue with an update.

Our app does not rely solely on users:

1. We started in 2009 with 2,000,000 data points created from the collection of data from the parks over the years. It was good enough.
2. That data was enhanced with real time wait time submits from users.
3. Our smart algorithm learned and dynamically tightened the quality over 2010 and 2011.

After 15 months of live data from the parks sent in by hundreds of thousands of users across Android & iPhone platforms we have great insight into the day to day happenings :).

The experience is far better than before as the tech is fixed and our user base is huge because we are the bestselling Disney app in iPhone & Android charts.

The best advice is to still turn up to the park early, tour Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland hitting the big rides that have relatively low ride durations (allowing you to get to the next big ride quickly) and using FastPass wisely.

Thank you for the feedback, we sincerely appreciate the comments.

Thank you

Undercover Tourist

Do you know when this app will be available for Blackberry phones? I had gotten an email from someone at UT saying it is being worked on but no ETA for when it will be done.

Thanks!

I used lines on my blackberry curve last summer with no problem (other than the amazingly slow speeds of my blackberry browser - not "lines" fault). I have a bold now and plan on using it again. its helpful on those occasions you are considering crossing the entire park to get to one ride. It could save you a trip or convince you to get a fastpass for later.

I used lines on my blackberry curve last summer with no problem (other than the amazingly slow speeds of my blackberry browser - not "lines" fault).

When I had a BB I only used Opera on it never the BB browser.

Have you tried the opera Browser on your Bold or did they update the BB browser to the point it was usable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter