Can you do both parks in 1 day?

CBRorBust

Always dreaming of Hot Chocolate
I know this is going to be hard...but unless we extend our trip one day, we can't do Unviersal/IOA.

See...we're going to be one the Disney Cruise Line Land/Sea package, so days are limited.

You can do both parks in one day if you stay at one of the on-site hotels. You won't be able to do everything but you can hit the most popular rides. Get there early and utilize front-of-the-line. Have fun!

You would have to hustle about, but if you want to slow down and really enjoy the parks, I would allot 2 days unless you stay on-site as mentioned. If you only went one day you should probably map out a strategy so you don't waste time deciding on stuff while in the park. I always have a strategy when I got one day at an out of state park. It helps a lot. I could not tell you what yours should be, you just have to pick your favorites and rank priority.

We did both parks in one day even though we had 2 days. It was a weekday during the 2nd week of November which is the off season. If you go in the off season, you'll definitely be able to do it. We stayed at the Hard Rock so we had the option to use our room keys for front of the line access, but never had to use it, because the lines never got longer than 10 minutes. Get to the parks 30 minutes before they open. Get your tickets and a map. I'd go to Universal 1st. Go directly to the ET ride, then Men in Black. Then work your way over to Twister which opens 1/2 hour after the park opens. The Jaws ride doesn't open until 1 hour after the park opens. After Twister, head for Jaws and maybe squeeze Earthquake in on the way. Do Back to the Future and Terminator 2 whenever you get a chance. These are the big rides. You'll be done before lunch. Then head for IOA. If any of the lines will be long they will probably be Spiderman and the Hulk. The rest were very easy to get on without waiting. Hope your experience was as good as ours. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter