Can you do all of the rides in one park in a day?

artemis908

EPCOTnaut
Just wondering at what pace everyone goes in the parks. Do you usually bang every one out in a day? We are doing sit down lunches and dinners so I kind of wonder if that's even possible. We're going down in February though so it shouldn't be crowded. I've always found Magic Kingdom to be the hardest to do in one day, it's so big!

We could possibly do each park in February of most of the attractions... We are RD people and like EMH AM's.... We travel slowly in one direction, taking attraction as we come ...no criss crossing the park and we really never use FP's (we do travel in slow seasons)....

Around noonish we head out of the parks back to the resort to have a picnic pool lunch and a dip then return later back to the park to finish...

We're never in a hurry, never use dining plans, don't do TS meals and don't do the real small kiddie attractions but get 95% of a park done... To our satisfaction..

We also have annual passes and bopping in and out of parks is no problem and we tend to pick a resort by which we will spend the most time.. Plus we stay 9-12 nights to your leisurely...just don't set your expectation too high and take each hurdle as you come to it and adapt and move on...it's not a quest or invasion but a vacation.

We usually get everything or really close to everything done in a day but we also don't spend much time on eating. We also don't really go to Disney World for anything other than the parks so that's our main focus.

If you are doing sit down lunches I highly doubt you will be able to complete each ride in just one day. You would have to be running and have very little wait times if any. Plus having younger children who need diaper changes, snacks, etc will 'slow' you down :p

In Magic Kingdom you should try to allow at least 2 days so that you can really 'enjoy' yourself, remember, you are on VACATION. You want to have time to check out some shops, meet some characters and take pictures.

I hate when I see families arguing, rushing from ride to ride and not even enjoying where they are.

We haven't traveled with small children in many years, so we really can't tell you how much time it takes if it's more than two adults. And the parks weren't as "many" and/or as large when our boys were young. So now we do all our favorites, some twice, eat when we feel like it, etc.
We don't make reservations for meals and don't always eat the evening meal in any of the parks.
That said, you're going at a good time to give a try. We don't do much of the kiddie rides and not even some of what we consider the kiddie shows. We never rush, no matter what time of year we're at the parks, and we do what we want and call it a success. ;)

Just wondering at what pace everyone goes in the parks. Do you usually bang every one out in a day? We are doing sit down lunches and dinners so I kind of wonder if that's even possible. We're going down in February though so it shouldn't be crowded. I've always found Magic Kingdom to be the hardest to do in one day, it's so big!
~If you plan on doing sit down lunches and dinners expect to lose at least four hours, so plan accordingly! Good luck! :goodvibes

It's just me and my husband. I am not in a rush at all, we have 8 days, so plenty of time! I am also trying to figure out if I would rather do all of our favorites first or sticking to certain areas first and going from one end to the other. I am so excited to go, I can't decide! :)

We only go during slow season and spend about 8-10 hours in a Park and, without fail, average about 2 attractions per hour.

We only go during slow season and spend about 8-10 hours in a Park and, without fail, average about 2 attractions per hour.

That's very helpful, gives me a better idea. It's been so long since I've been to Disney I can't remember! I was also in my early 20s so much more energy :)

When my mom and I go in January it's no problem to get everything done in a day. Usually we just kind of wander around the park and go to whatever ride strikes us, and we still manage to get a good chunk of the park done in a day, sometimes riding our favorites multiple times. We don't really do TS though, we tend to stick to CS on these trips.

Technically there is only one "ride" in all of Walt Disney World, and that is The Great Movie Ride at DHS. Everything else is attractions.

That said, attractions fall into two categories, usually referred to as shows and rides. A ride can be defined as an attraction where your seat is in motion for most of the time between the start and finish; and that is probably what you mean.

DHS - easily. Rock 'N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Toy Story Midway Mania.

Epcot - not so easily. Seas With Nemo and Friends, Living With The Land, Journey Into Imagination With Figment, Captain EO, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Mission Space, Test Track, Maelstrom, Three Caballeros. (A lot, but lines are usually short.)

Animal Kingdom - fairly easy. Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, Train to/from Conservation Station, Kali River Rapids.

Magic Kingdom - good luck.

We (DH and I) went November 13-17 of this year, and had no problem doing everything that we wanted to do, and then some.
MK (11/14) - We were there at rope drop, did Aladdin, Jungle Cruise, Pirates (x2), Haunted Mansion, Thunder Mountain, Small World, Peter Pan.. then happened to catch a dress rehearsal of New Fantasyland. Picked up dinner reservations at BoG, then rode Little Mermaid twice. Had lunch at Columbia Harbor House, rode HM again, Teacups, Space Mountain, People Mover, Carousel of Progress, Country Bears, and Hall of Presidents. Then had dinner at BoG. I think this was an EMH night, so we may have done some more stuff after dinner.

Now, the park was pretty much dead this day, we walked on to everything, and didn't use a single FP all week. We didn't sprint through the park or kill ourselves trying to get from place to place either. So, it can be done, but I think we just happened to catch it at the perfect time.

When DD was nearly 3, no. But we went when she was nearly 6 and had no problem whatsoever. I will even say that we went on many rides multiple times. Not sure if it was the month we went, middle December, but I didn't find the park to be jam packed. I will say that we did DDP the first time w/DD and we lost TONS of park time traveling to and from resorts. The last time I researched the best options for Quick Service dinner (no DDP) and had some remarkably nice dinners. In all fairness, we were post cruise so were already full to the brim and needing some exercise!

HTH!!

PS - LOVED Wolfgram Puck's quick service.

When DD was nearly 3, no. But we went when she was nearly 6 and had no problem whatsoever. I will even say that we went on many rides multiple times. Not sure if it was the month we went, middle December, but I didn't find the park to be jam packed. I will say that we did DDP the first time w/DD and we lost TONS of park time traveling to and from resorts. The last time I researched the best options for Quick Service dinner (no DDP) and had some remarkably nice dinners. In all fairness, we were post cruise so were already full to the brim and needing some exercise!

HTH!!

PS - LOVED Wolfgram Puck's quick service.

I meant to add that at DHS you nearly always have to run for a FP on Toy Story. We did go on it twice, but the second time waited in line for nearly an hour.

Animal kingdom we can do in a day, and the studios also. We have never tried in Epcot or magik kingdom. I'm sure it cam be done, but we prefer to take our time and try to enjoy everything. If you have to do any park in just one day, make a list of must dos just to make sure you hit all of your favorites.

Technically there is only one "ride" in all of Walt Disney World, and that is The Great Movie Ride at DHS. Everything else is attractions.

That said, attractions fall into two categories, usually referred to as shows and rides. A ride can be defined as an attraction where your seat is in motion for most of the time between the start and finish; and that is probably what you mean.

DHS - easily. Rock 'N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Toy Story Midway Mania.

Epcot - not so easily. Seas With Nemo and Friends, Living With The Land, Journey Into Imagination With Figment, Captain EO, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Mission Space, Test Track, Maelstrom, Three Caballeros. (A lot, but lines are usually short.)

Animal Kingdom - fairly easy. Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, Train to/from Conservation Station, Kali River Rapids.

Magic Kingdom - good luck.

I wouldn't include Captain EO in this list and I would include the Kiliminjaro safari and triceratops spin.

MK - train, jungle cruise, aladdin, pirates, BtMRR, splash mountain, HM, IASW, Peter Pan, Carousel, VotLM, Dumbo, Pooh, Barnstormer, Tomorrowland Speedway, Teacups, People Mover, space mountain, carousel of progress, and Buzz Lightyear (and Tom Sawyer rafts and/or paddle boat)

The only park I have ever had a problem doing 'everything' was Epcot. Only because we take our time and walk through each country.

But other than that, I have never had a problem doing each 'attraction' or ride (whatever you want to call it) at the other parks. Some are fastpassed, some we just wait for. We do NO planning or anything crazy. Just wing it.

Typically, we travel in Oct or Nov. Never crazy busy times, but not empty either. It is completely doable. Go and have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter