Can you change MB color?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Last year DH and I were part of the MB program. I picked the red band, my husband picked the blue.

This year, I wanted to get a different color and it seems like I can't change colors.

Is it because it's too soon? (Travelling in November)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After noticing that my postal code (in my address) was wrong, I fixed my postal code ...And I'm now the proud owner of pink and yellow bands! XD

I now have complete set, I've ordered a different color each time. You are probably too soon for that to open up.

You should be able to customize up until 30 days out. I think you are looking at the wrong spot on the screen if you are looking at the section that shows you the pics of your previous bands. Scroll back up to where it shows your reservation info and there is a little arrow > on the far right-hand side of the screen. Click that and it will let you choose your color and put a name or whatever for the back.

Hope this helps!

I went to the reservation page... I haven't seen the arrow...

Maybe it's just too early. For FP+ I'm told I will be able to select it only on September 25, 2014...

If it's the same for the MB, I guess I'll just have to be patient.

It does say on the MB & Cards page that I have two sets of MB ordered (split stay)... And they show pictures of our old bands. But that's it.

It isn't too early to pick colors. You just have a while until they need to be customized to be sent out. You have a new set for your upcoming trip. We are going in November also and I have already played around with it and customized ours. We still have a while until the final day to customize but you can still choose your colors.

Go to Magic Bands and Cards. You should see your bands from your previous trip but above those you should see "Your Magic Band Order" with a customize date and an arrow. Click on the arrow and that takes you to your new bands to customize for your upcoming trip. :thumbsup2

Like I said, we are going in November also and I have been able to pick our colors since we booked our trip. That was in April!

I must mention that I'm from Montreal (Canada).

That might change everything.

There is no customizing date and no arrow.

Ahhh.. yes I think that does change things. I am pretty sure sure you can customize them at the 60 day mark, but they will be at the front desk at your resort waiting for you. Can someone confirm this? Not sure if anything has changed since last year!

I am also Canadian and you can absolutely customize your bands now.
I have customized mine for our December trip.

Go to MDE. Scroll down to the MagicBand section and click on it. Then you will have to log in again. It should say customize new bands.

Are you seeing your resort reservation in MDE? Maybe your reservation is not linked? :confused3

I'm from Toronto (so also Canada) and I booked last November or so for this coming September. I could customize immediately. Have you tried on the app? On the left top corner are three bars (I'm using an iPhone), choose that then scroll all the way down to "Magic bands and cards". That should open a page with some verbiage, but also with a box with a sketch of a magic band and "your new magic bands - customize your new magic bands. You have x magic bands you may customize".

If you don't see the customize link, it's not due to place or time, unless you're less than 30 days out. If you still can't customize, call Disney to insure that your bands are active, and linked to your reservation.

I've done that with the app too. But after the "Customize the bands" window and logging on again, the same thing is happening, my only option is to change my adress...

Going nuts. :badpc:

I've done that with the app too. But after the "Customize the bands" window and logging on again, the same thing is happening, my only option is to change my adress...

Going nuts. :badpc:

Oh, is it not accepting your Canadian address? I think I remember reading if that was the problem to change the spacing in your postal code (either take out a space or add a space.....can't remember.

I saw somewhere you can get Elsa magic bands.
Was it just an add on decoration or is it an actual band I can order.

oh, is it not accepting your canadian address? I think i remember reading if that was the problem to change the spacing in your postal code (either take out a space or add a space.....can't remember.

OMG!!!! You were right, I changed my address and It's working!!!! XD

Have you made any changes to your reservation after booking it initially (i.e. add/remove a day)? When I made a change after my original booking, the MagicBands disappeared from my MDE account.

I called to ask about it, and the CM informed me that the MBs will sometimes be disassociated from the reservation and drop completely. She had to transfer me to the internet/technical help desk since it was a website/MDE issue, and the techie CM had to assign a new reservation # in order to get the MagicBands to show up again (this took about 24 hours. You will be emailed with the new reservation # and have to manually link it to MDE).

Edit: Never mind. Looks like you solved the issue :)

I saw somewhere you can get Elsa magic bands.
Was it just an add on decoration or is it an actual band I can order.

I think those are from the Frozen event only. You can't choose that to customize your bands.

Yes so true BUT have you seen this thread?? OMG some peeps out there are WAY more artistic than me :rotfl2: Just start scrolling thru -- be warned though, it has sucked me in for HOURS! :hourglass

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190181

Canadians can definitely customize their bands, they just won't be shipped to you. They will be at the resort for pick up when you arrive. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter