Can you change guides?

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
I was working with Natasha las t October and she has left DVC, someone reccomended Byron so we asked for him. If you don't like the guide can you change? Does the guide really make a difference.

The thing that kind of turned me off to him was when I asked about MB. He said it was available for $10 per point. I said great. He then said we may not qualify because we were offered it in Oct and were not ready to buy. I told him that one of our deciding points was that MB was being offered. He then said he could get it for us. Why the flip flop?

I guess after you purchase you don't need to deal with them again, so I'll just buy and move on.

:D To your question about being able to change guides the answer is yes. We obtained our guide last July when we initially bought into DVC.

After doing a couple add-ons I noticed that some of her answers to the questions I had asked were wrong (thanks to this board I was able to find the truth!) anyway I just wasn't comfortable with her so I called DVC and was assigned to a new guide Jim McCoy (so far seems very nice and helpful) no questions were asked.

I truly feel that you should be comfortable with your guide and even though you may just be doing your initial DVC purchase you might want to add-on in the future and it's nice to have a guide that you know and trust.

Jemima

If you are not comfortable with your guide, definately change.

You will have to deal with them periodically after you buy in so you should feel comfortable.

Some of them just say things that aren't true-I don't know why.

Jim McCoy is very nice like the above poster said.

May I ask what resort you are buying at?

The reason Byron gave you for not qualifying for the MB is not true. Just because someone is offered it once and turns it down doesn't mean they can't take advantage of it in the future. Do you know how many people say they are going to buy in and do the MB and then change their minds or decide to wait for a while and then eventually weeks or months or years later call back and join? A lot.

There are other reasons you may not be able to do MB-it involves use year and if you are too close to it at purchase or something.

My guide is Diane Henry. She is really terrific. Answers questions and isn;'t afraid to say "I don't know let me check" on several of the more complicated issues I have had. She also has helped very discreatly work on my add on and solve several obsticals.

I also liked that when I called last time she asked me if I prefer phone calls of offers and events from her or not. I said yes. She told me do not hesitate to tell her if I want her to stop.

Very comfortable working with her.:D

If I wasn't happy with our guide, I would request a change. I want to be comfortable working with someone who seemed very knowledgeable. For us, it's a big purchase we're making and I personally wouldn't want to be stared in the wrong direction.

That surprises me about Byron. I had him as a guide when I was deciding on buying at BCV. Mind you, I went back and forth several times over a 6 month period before I finally decided to buy in. He was very patient with me, and answered any and all questions that I had, sometimes more than once.

He even worked with me on a Saturday to get all inquiries that I had about DVC and BCV specifically squared away, and then he walked me through the entire process of how the purchase would be executed.

Maybe you caught him off guard for some reason, I don't know. I have never had any compaints regarding him so far.

Brian

Originally posted by jdkdorn

The thing that kind of turned me off to him was when I asked about MB. He said it was available for $10 per point. I said great. He then said we may not qualify because we were offered it in Oct and were not ready to buy. I told him that one of our deciding points was that MB was being offered. He then said he could get it for us. Why the flip flop?

Might this have something to do with your use year? You can only do MB if you are within the banking window for your use year. Maybe you were OK with that in October, but you're not now? And when he said he could get it, maybe he was going to make an exception, or offer you a different use year for your add-on???

:confused:

Our use year willbe Sptember and this is a first purchase not an add-on. I will give him another chance because it was a spur-of-the moment call and he was probably not prepared. We are buying 250 points at BCV and should qualify for MB, we still have until Feb 28 to bank all points.

I thought about changing mine also. When we were about to close I was left with unanswered questions and the Guide was not getting back to me. Too the point where I said that I was stopping the process if I didn't hear from them by a certain time. She then called me from her cell phone. I shouldn't have had to pressure them like that.

Secondly, I told them that my friend referred me and they should get the fee. It has now been 5 months, with a scathing e-mail from me, and I still haven't heard from her. I wish she would either tell me yes, they are getting the fee or no, and why not.

I will wait till she calls me for add-ons and I will again ask for an answer.

I would like to hear who other people use. Mine was Kelly.

As far as I know Magical Beginnings can be offered at any time of year, and it has nothing to do with use year. Magical Beginnings is a discount on your points, used as an incentive to get a person to join DVC. I can understand why you were upset by the flip-flop, because it sounds like a bait and switch type of strategy. That's not the image any of us, or any of the guides, want to project to those who are considering joining. That type of strategy goes back to the bad old days of timeshare back at the beginning. Call and ask for a new guide--you will be dealing with this guy for a long time in the future, and you need to be able to trust what he says.:confused:

I have to say that Byron has been fabulous with us. And very patient. I just spoke with him about adding on this week. Our Deed for our 1st contract hasn't even recorded yet. He's been very helpful. I'm sure there must have been some misunderstanding.

Just wanted to give another thumbs up to Byron. He did our original contract and was great, just handled an add on for us and we got the same great service.:D

Hi everyone,
I posted this elsewhere, but we bought in today. After reading the first few comments I decided to call Byron and ask what the problem was. He didn't realize that there was a problem, when I explained why I was upset he let me know that MB was approved for me and that he was confused before because he didn't know how many points we were buying. You do need a minimum amount to use MB and we would have to buy this month, because you need to have banking time left.

I felt much better after talking to him and decided to make my down payment. We are now the owners of 250 BCV points. I can't wait to go home. ( I have to wait until Oct 2004)

Thanks everyone

Glad everything was cleared up and you didn't have to change guides-at least you know you could have if something really bothered you.

I just have to say how much we like Jim McCoy. We bought in 2000 and he still calls us at home periodically just to see how we are. We have always been very impressed with him and have told all of our friends to go to him.

Jenny
1977 - offsite
1995 - CBR
1997 - Boardwalk
1998 - Contemporary
1999 - Port Orleans
2000 - Dixie Landings
2001 - OKW
2002 - VWL and BCV

I was also quite happy with Diane Henry. Although I called a few times when she wasn't there and had good luck with several other people.

In general I think Disney has a good bunch of sales reps (oops... I meant guides).

Steve

:D :D :D We have been very happy with Jim McCoy!!!:D :D :D
Our first purchase and our 2 add ons have been just great and during our last add on we were talking about how DH went to one of the member update meetings and won a baseball cap with DVC Member and I was so jealous. One showed up on our doorstep for me from Jim 2 weeks later. Its things like that, that still give me goosebumps when I think about Disney!!

Celeste Chaffaut is our guide. We first spoke with her approximately six years ago but were not ready to purchase at that time. I contacted her in April 2002 and explained that we wanted to purchase and that we would be visiting in June. She was very helpful. I have referred a few friends (unfortunately none of them have purchased yet ).

One friend was recently at WDW and met with Celeste. Celeste called and spoke with DH to say thanks for the referral. Also, when we added on I asked about the BCV pin so many people here had mentioned. A few days later a package arrived with the pin inside. I would highly recommend Celeste.

Annmarie

We have Lisa deRosa and I love her. She is sweet and competent to boot. My family is high maintenance and we don't seem to upset her in the least. She always gets back with me promptly whenever I need her help and has always been available to us. I look forward to paying her a visit when we are in Orlando this March.

I think it is perfectly OK for any client unhappy with services to ask for reassignment. This is just good business!

Judy Kaufman is outstanding as a guide. When we were first purchasing, we asked lots of questions, and she was allways patient, and provided knowledgable answers. She is very responsive to our continuing calls and questions as we've added on. I highly recomme3nd her if your looking for a fantastic guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter