Can you camp in a tent at Fort Wilderness?

Yes, you can. If you have any more questions I'm sure someone here can answer them.

Welcome to the camping board !

We fly in, use Magical Express for transportation, pitch the tent for a while, then usually move on to another place to stay. We have an owners locker, which holds an incredible amount of items to make it easy to travel light.

Great community to be a part of, if this is your ambition to try.

I sure hope so b/c we'll be there in one on Sunday!

Actually, we tent camp there at least once a year. It's my favorite campground. Perfect for tent camping!

Speaking of camping, is it too cold in January to tent camp? Without heaters, etc.

It can be......you just never know! The weather can be very iffy in the winter months!;) Last November, we camped in our tents.....and it got down into the 30's at night....we froze our butts off!

Just so you know, the tent campsites are on sand. Advantage is you will easily be able to get the tent up. You will not have to worry about hitting a rock and needed a sledge hammer to drive in the stakes. Disadvantage, you will have to control the sand. I would put a tarp or a mat at the entrance to keep sand from getting in the tent. If you do not, when you wake up there will be sand in places of your body that you did not know anything to get to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter