Can you bring your own alcohol on board?

ripvanwinkle

Earning My Ears
I heard some cruise lines are not allowing people to bring aboard their own alcohol. Does anybody know if Disney Cruises allow it? :confused3

ripvanwinkle said:
I heard some cruise lines are not allowing people to bring aboard their own alcohol. Does anybody know if Disney Cruises allow it? :confused3

Yes, Disney is one of the few (if only) cruise lines to allow this. We usually bring a soft-sided rolling cooler (no ice) and carry it on. We then fill out the paper in the stateroom with times for ice fill ups. We keep our cooler full of ice at all times, and store the rest in the mini-fridge.. :goodvibes

mommasita said:
Yes, Disney is one of the few (if only) cruise lines to allow this. We usually bring a soft-sided rolling cooler (no ice) and carry it on. We then fill out the paper in the stateroom with times for ice fill ups. We keep our cooler full of ice at all times, and store the rest in the mini-fridge.. :goodvibes

Great. Thanks for the information. :)

I am so glad someone else had this question. We sailed last year and our biggest expense was the alcohol. I was under the impression that they did NOT allow coolers though. In fact, I am looking at my cruise documents now and it specifically says coolers are not allowed except for medication and baby food items. Then it also says not to bring coolers with sodas or snacks. So I am confused. We wanted to bring a few bottles of wine and perhaps some rum, but now I am not sure how to pack it. Does that stuff need to go into the carry on? I can't imagine putting that into checked luggage in case it breaks.

What about buying at the ports? Last year we really regretting NOT buying a bottle of rum in St. Thomas. We could have had it on the ship. I know if you buy some at the store onboard, it is duty free, but they hold it until the end of the cruise. But in the ports, you get to keep it with you and drink it if you want. Only problem is once you open it, you have to finish it. Are there any good shopping ports on the Western Cruise?

Sorry for all of the questions but our alcohol bill last year was enormous and we are trying to save this year!

We bought alcohol before we left PC, brought it on board with us. Enjoyed our drinks.

Then when we got to each port we restocked our supplies. They did not hold our alcohol till the end of the cruise. Mind you we only bought 2-3 bottles, but we carried them right on.

It was very easy and we plan to do it everytime.

BuzzBoyMom said:
We bought alcohol before we left PC, brought it on board with us. Enjoyed our drinks.

Then when we got to each port we restocked our supplies. They did not hold our alcohol till the end of the cruise. Mind you we only bought 2-3 bottles, but we carried them right on.

It was very easy and we plan to do it everytime.

That is great to know. Thanks! :cool1: :banana:

We brought a case of 12 bottles of wine with us on the 10 day Christmas cruise last year

We had it shipped to the ship (LOL), and it was waiting for us in our cabin when we arrived

- D

djs113 said:
We brought a case of 12 bottles of wine with us on the 10 day Christmas cruise last year

We had it shipped to the ship (LOL), and it was waiting for us in our cabin when we arrived

- D

"shipped to the ship" :rotfl: 12 bottles? Nice! Was that for the 12 days of Christmas? On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me.... :charac2: :rotfl:

How do you have things shipped like that? Did you have any problems getting it to your room? I ask because last year we were upgraded from a Cat 8 room to a Cat 4 and we had one heck of a time getting our luggage delivered!

event.png

[/url]

kcarl021 said:
How do you have things shipped like that? Did you have any problems getting it to your room? I ask because last year we were upgraded from a Cat 8 room to a Cat 4 and we had one heck of a time getting our luggage delivered!

event.png

[/url]

Alcohol takes priority over clothes right? :teeth: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter