Can you bring backpack on any rides?

mrsjoannh13

DIS Veteran
DH has a lot of photography equipment that he keeps in a backpack and would prefer not to leave in a queue or at the bottom of our stroller. Are there any rides (primarily in MK where we'll spend most days) that you can take your backpack on with you - maybe putting it by your feet? I figured it's a long shot but just thought I'd ask. TIA!

Me too. My backpack often ends up too full to pass an airline size check, and I still get it crammed in the floorboard. Even RnR and EE roller coasters. Tight fit on Space Mountain, though.

You can bring it on all the rides. Space Mountain is a tight fit but you can get it down by your feet.

I have long legs, so that was always a problem. I swear I almost got a hernia one time trying to stuff the pack down there :)

Since then, I just put it on backwards (in front of me) and put and arm around it on Space Mountain.

Same story for the Barnstormer, which is also a tight fit.

But yes, you can take backpacks on all rides. In fact, I don't think you can leave them in the queue, and there are no "cubbies" like some parks have.

For Kali River Rapids there are free lockers across the path to store items. I think it is free for two hours. You can check when you get there. After that time you will have to present a credit card to get your belongings.

Yep, my DH takes the backpack on with him always, he puts it as his feet with on leg threw a strap.

Soarin' is a ride where they have pockets near your legs, but if the backpack is too bulky or full, it may not fit and it might have to be left on the floor by your feet and will be waiting for you right where you left it after the ride is over.

I have put the straps of the bags up my legs to make sure the bag stays with us like in RNR.

We took ours on every ride we went on without any issues.

I would put my leg through one of the straps on RnRC just in case

DH has a lot of photography equipment that he keeps in a backpack and would prefer not to leave in a queue or at the bottom of our stroller.
I think the key thing is what you mean by "a lot". If the backpack is the size of your average "day pack" that students use in school, you'll have no issues. However, if we're taking about something that is like a larger Lowepro camera backpack, it will be a little more "iffy" on some attractions, particularly some of the coaster rides where there isn't a lot of leg room.

ProTrekker450_Left.jpg

Last edited:
I would suggest you put the back pack in a large plastic bag for the attractions with water. There can be small puddles in some of the cars/ logs!

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter