Can you be Pro-Life and Pro Capital Punishment?

Are you both pro live and pro capital punishment?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lanshark

<font color=red>Peace be still<br><font color=purp
The question is simple. Can you be both pro life and pro capital punishment? If the answer is Yes, how? I am not looking for a debate on either issue.

I don't see how you can be "pro-life" and support the death penalty, sounds pretty contradictory to me.

Well, you didn't ask how the "no" people felt, but I'll tell you. If you are pro-life, that means that you have left it to God to decide how a human lives or dies. God makes the decision if a human should live and when a human should die. Not man. So, this must follow for capital punishment. It is not man's duty to decide when a life should end. Man can punish and reward but it is not our say as to who gets to live or die.

That's my opinion as a pro-choice person.

I am pro-life and in favor of the death penalty. One is an innocent person who deserves a chance at life. The other has already had his/her chance and has done something so horrible they can't be deemed safe to live in society any more.

innocent life, vs. noninnocent life. pretty easy to be both actually.

Pro Choice here...

but Sure, it is not a contradiction IMO.

If someone feels life begins at conception, they feel that the unborn human being has not done anything wrong and deserves a chance at LIFE.

Rapists and Murderers, had their chance.

You can be anti abortion and pro death penalty.

I think that's probably the best way to say it.

I am pro-life and in favor of the death penalty. One is an innocent person who deserves a chance at life. The other has already had his/her chance and has done something so horrible they can't be deemed safe to live in society any more.

This is how I feel, but I can understand why people would have a problem with the "pro-life" label. For the sake of conversation, I refer to myself as "pro-life" because I think that the term is most regularly associated with abortion (mainly because "pro-choice" never applies to the death penalty) but if people would prefer just to call it anti-abortion, I have no problem with that label.

I also understand why people support euthanasia in humans, which would certainly not be considered pro-life. I'm not saying we should legalize it, but I do understand it.

Well, you didn't ask how the "no" people felt, but I'll tell you. If you are pro-life, that means that you have left it to God to decide how a human lives or dies. God makes the decision if a human should live and when a human should die. Not man. So, this must follow for capital punishment. It is not man's duty to decide when a life should end. Man can punish and reward but it is not our say as to who gets to live or die.

That's my opinion as a pro-choice person.

This doesn't apply to me, but I know there are pro-life people who don't believe in God.

You can, but I view it as hypocrisy.

I think that's unfair.

I am anti-abortion because I don't believe in murdering an innocent child. I am pro-death penalty because I do believe in an eye for an eye. If you are convicted of 1st degree murder, you don't deserve to live IMO.

*Please note, this is my opinion and I will not debate MY opinion. ;)

But what about the innocent people who have been wrongly convicted and executed?

But what about the innocent people who have been wrongly convicted and executed?

Dont think anyone would support that, and how about those that actually committed crimes and get acquitted?

That is a different thread.

Dont think anyone would support that, and how about those that actually committed crimes and get acquitted?

That is a different thread.

But there is always a chance innocent person can be convicted. There is not always dna evidence and it is not always clear cut what the DNA evidence means.

I am pro-life and pro capital punishment -- this is like comparing apples and oranges, in the same family, but hardly related.

I think it's my opinion :)

You can defend life all you want, but I don't feel that people fighting to defend it on one and are entitled to want to take it away on another end.

I don't think those who support the death penalty "want" to take away a life anymore than a pro-choice supporter "wants" people to have abortions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter