• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you advise which resort is best in December?

Whistle

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip to Disney from December 14-December 22nd. I was hoping to stay at Pop (where we stayed over the summer). They did not have that available for a passholder discount. I am currently booked at the Movies. What can you advise? Have you stayed at the movies?

A part of me wants to upgrade and try for Port Orleans Riverside or the Caribbean Resort, but part of me wants to be FRUGAL so we can try to go again in the summer before our passes expire. What do you all think? Where would you prefer to stay?

I should add that we have the Quick service dining plan, and so food options are important to us. Also, will we be able to swim in December, or will it be too cold?

Hi, I'm nowhere near and expert but we've stayed at the Caribbean Beach last year and we've visited friends at the Port Orleans Riverside, but not stayed there. We didn't care for the Caribbean for the simple fact that you are so spread out and it takes more than a few minutes to walk to the pool and dinning area. Don't get me wrong its a nice resort, but just not how we like to spend our time. Walking to and from the central area there.

POR is nice and seems to be a bit more confined. But my experience is limited. We have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter a few times and we do like that one alot. The food is good and there is quite a bit to choose from which is important to us. Plus we enjoy the boat to DD area.

The Caribbean had a decent selection of food and we never had problems finding stuff for us or the kids to eat. I can't say about the food at POR, we never ate there, just swam. :)

Hope that helped. We'll be down the week before your trip, but we opted to stay at one of the Hotels in DD area since we end up spending just as much time down there. :)

I would do whatever it takes to be able to take that trip in the summer. If that means staying at Movies I would do it! I have not stayed at the Movies but my son has and enjoyed it.

While Movies would be my absolute last choice, it's better than not going at all! We stayed at Movies in August and found the rooms to be far less appealing than any other value. They need an update badly.

We love Port Oleans Riverside. Large selection of food. We have stayed at both and would rather stay at POR. Just our opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter