Can you add the military tickets to your KTTW & do you have to activate them first?

KangaFan

Hoping to someday be as patient as Kanga
Trying to decide if we should get our tickets from our local base or wait to pick them up at SOG. Locally, we usually get paper tickets which seem to sometimes have issues at the turnstiles. However, if we can add them to our KTTW, then it would definitely be more convenient to grab them here.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Military tickets can not be added to KTTW cards.

Resort Concierge desks can only add ticket types to your KTTW that can be sold at the resorts. Some tickets (including, but not limited to: Military, YES, Disney Performing Arts, Sports package) have to be purchased at specific (non-resort) locations, and these tickets can not be added to KTTW cards.

Also, at least in our experience, you will not receive the actual tickets from your base ITT office. You will receive a voucher, which you take to a ticket window to exchange for the actual tickets.

We used the Military salute tickets at WDW in December 2009, where we exchanged the voucher for tickets at the IG ticket booth at Epcot, since we were staying at the Beach Club. This past June we used the vouchers at Disneyland, where you could exchange them for a ticket at the turnstile (we used the back gate to California Adventure from the Grand Californian).

I'm not sure if it has changed, but our base ITT only gives vouchers for the Military Salute tickets. It still takes about ten days after ordering them to receive the vouchers.

Also, at least in our experience, you will not receive the actual tickets from your base ITT office. You will receive a voucher, which you take to a ticket window to exchange for the actual tickets.

I've got military salute tickets in my hand right now that I bought at my ITT office. They are the actual tickets you use to enter the parks. This is the 3rd time I've bought them and I was issued the actual ticket at time of purchase each time. I'll be there 4 days from now!

I've got military salute tickets in my hand right now that I bought at my ITT office. They are the actual tickets you use to enter the parks. This is the 3rd time I've bought them and I was issued the actual ticket at time of purchase each time. I'll be there 4 days from now!

Bam! :joker: Have a good time!!!

Trying to decide if we should get our tickets from our local base or wait to pick them up at SOG. Locally, we usually get paper tickets which seem to sometimes have issues at the turnstiles. However, if we can add them to our KTTW, then it would definitely be more convenient to grab them here.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Buy your tickets at your local base. I have waited in line at SOG for over an hour each time we have gotten our tickets there. Seems as if each person needs to have every little detail explained to them instead of just buying the tickets.

You will get the actual ticket from SOG but it still has to be activated at the ticket window. Don't know about any local ITT offices since we don't have any near us. They may give you a ticket, they may give you a voucher, but it doesn't really matter since you will take whatever they give you to a ticket window to activate.

I have purchase an alum-a-wallet <sp> and put our tickets, KTTW, Disney Visa, couple of gift cards and some cash and have not had any problems with tickets since.

Dan

Buy your tickets at your local base. I have waited in line at SOG for over an hour each time we have gotten our tickets there. Seems as if each person needs to have every little detail explained to them instead of just buying the tickets.

You will get the actual ticket from SOG but it still has to be activated at the ticket window. Don't know about any local ITT offices since we don't have any near us. They may give you a ticket, they may give you a voucher, but it doesn't really matter since you will take whatever they give you to a ticket window to activate.

I have purchase an alum-a-wallet <sp> and put our tickets, KTTW, Disney Visa, couple of gift cards and some cash and have not had any problems with tickets since.

Dan

I noticed the same thing the one time we did get our tickets at SOG & I guess the other bonus to purchasing ahead of time is that I can use my Disney Visa & get more points ;)

we used military salute tickets last year and bought them on base. We didn't receive paper tickets for the 4day promotional tickets, I was told had we purchased the regular military discounted ones we would have. For the 4 day tickets we had to stop by guest services on our way into the park to exchange our vouchers. it only took a few minutes. We are going next spring and I plan on buying them here first again.

I guess it depends on the ITT office b/c we get actual tickets down here that we activate @ GS @ the parks when we arrive. The only time we got paper tickets was last year but that was a 1-day pass into MK and the Concierge @ BC was able to put that on our KTTWC. They were unable to do the same w/the military tickets.

Another one here who gets the actual ticket from the ITT office, we've used the salute tickets and the regular military discounted tickets. Never got a voucher.

I could have sworn I'd read somewhere that Shades of Green tickets could be added to a Keys to the Kingdom card.

Has anybody done this successfully?

I need to know for this trip, because SoG would save us about $120 on tickets, but then I do have to figure out the transporation to/from AKV and SoG, and whether or not the time and hassle is worth it.

I've purchased tickets at SoG three times previously (2001, 2006, 2008), and never waited but a few minutes. These reports of hour-plus waits are concerning. I'm sure it's hit or miss, but BOY would that be frustrating to be standing there for a full hour! :mad:

I could have sworn I'd read somewhere that Shades of Green tickets could be added to a Keys to the Kingdom card.

I need to know for this trip, because SoG would save us about $120 on tickets, but then I do have to figure out the transporation to/from AKV and SoG, and whether or not the time and hassle is worth it.

I've purchased tickets at SoG three times previously (2001, 2006, 2008), and never waited but a few minutes. These reports of hour-plus waits are concerning. I'm sure it's hit or miss, but BOY would that be frustrating to be standing there for a full hour! :mad:

Can't you go to a local base before going? For $120 in savings, I'd stand in the standby line for TSMM twice, and I'm honestly not a fan of that attraction.

Military tickets can not be added to KTTW cards.

Resort Concierge desks can only add ticket types to your KTTW that can be sold at the resorts. Some tickets (including, but not limited to: Military, YES, Disney Performing Arts, Sports package) have to be purchased at specific (non-resort) locations, and these tickets can not be added to KTTW cards.

Wait, the how can they add UT tickets to the KTTW cards?

By the way, to all those who have served, thank you! It's unbelievably appreciated!

2001, 2006 and 2008 they were not doing the specials like the have the past three years. It has been terrible both times we went to SOG that last year we went to the ticket window and paid the taxes.

To get to SOG from AKV just get to the Poly and walk over. It takes about ten minutes to do so. Or you can take the bus from the TTC that leaves every 20 minutes.

2001, 2006 and 2008 they were not doing the specials like the have the past three years. It has been terrible both times we went to SOG that last year we went to the ticket window and paid the taxes.

To get to SOG from AKV just get to the Poly and walk over. It takes about ten minutes to do so. Or you can take the bus from the TTC that leaves every 20 minutes.

Thank you . . . I know I can get there (several different methods), just going to be time consuming unless I take a cab. Especially if I'm waiting in line besides. ;) It could conceivably turn into a 2+ hour slog, especially if there's a long wait at the ticket window.

Do you have to purchase the Military tickets at the base or SOG only? You can't go to the ticket counter and purchase them at a park? My cousin is using these on our upcoming trip and now I'm getting confused on the details.

If you are staying at Shades of Green you can pre order your tickets and have them waiting at check in for you.. We did this last year and loved not having to wait in line..

Maybe a little off topic. Does anyone know if you can purchase your MNSSHP tickets at the base MWR or can you only buy them at Disneyworld? Also how many can you purchase?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter