Can you add on a passenger to your cruise?

Magic4UsZ's

DIS Veteran
Here's the deal.. DH not sure he will be able to cruise, but I want to book way ahead (were talking 2008) to get the best deals/room avialable.But would it be possible to add him on if he decides he can make it after I've already made reservations? How does this work? assuming that ive got a big enough room to accomadate 4 instead of three.

thanks for your replies

Kids are harder to book later since there is a minimum in each age group,
You can add an adult later if you are in a room that is for 4. They may put you in a cat. that has rooms for 3-4, but be careful that they don't assign you a room for only 3.

First, you still have some time to decide since the dates for 2008 won't be out until Sept, probably.

2-I would book a ressie for him when you do the rest. If you add him later, his rate will be higher the closer you get to the cruise.

3-Remember, if you do book his ressie, you can cancel up to 90 days out with a full refund of the deposit and anything else paid at the time. (That is unless it is the higher cat. 1, 2, and probably 3 & 4 due to the concierge level, I would definitely check that if that is a cat. you are booking for.)

I would suggest booking him along with everyone else when you make your original reservation, then canceling him within the cancellation period if he ends up unable to go.

When we booked Disney's Mediterranean cruise last April, our daughter said she probably wouldn't be able to go with us next summer so I didn't put her on the reservation. Last month, she said she might be able to go after all, so I called right away to see about adding her to our reservation and learned the prices had already gone up. She's now added to our stateroom, but at a higher cost than the rest of us.

We now have until next April for her to decide for sure if she's going or not and still be able to get a full refund for her. In the meantime, all it has cost me is the deposit on her. If we cancel her, then her deposit will just go toward the balance of our cruise.

Hope this info helps. Good luck! :)

If you do book him now, make sure you explain to the TA that he may not be going. A while back people had difficulties removing the first person on the reservation, basically they were being told they had to cancel the entire reservation & rebook at todays rates.
Not sure if that is still a problem, but it came up often on the repo-cruise...

Just make sure his is NOT the first name on the ressie! :goodvibes

I agree with everyone to book him first and take him off if need be. You can also substitute someone else for him.

Thanks everybody :thumbsup2 It looks like I should book him just not as the #1 passenger and if he cant make it cancel before times up, and have his deposit go towards the balance. If the cruise is paid for :rotfl2: will they give a refund as long as I'm in the time window of cancelling?

Oh how I wish I could afford a Cat 1,2 or 3. maybe someday :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter