Can you add a person in the middle of a stay?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
We are planning our WDW trip. It is going to be me, DH, DS(6), DS(3) and my parents for 7 nights. My brother wants to come too, but he can't get the entire time off from work. He was thinking about flying in later and only staying a couple nights. We are planning on doing a 2 bedroom villa at Old Key West, so we have plenty of room to add him. He would just stay on the couch. Could we just add him when we got there and take him off when we leaves? I would hate for him to have to get his own room, when our room has the space. Thanks.

Shouldn't be a problem at all. We had guests join us halfway through our trip last Oct. When they finally had their dates confirmed, we simple called MS and added them to our reservation. The ME vouchers were mailed to our home address and we just remailed the paperwork to them. They were listed on the reservation for the entire time period, but that's not a problem at all. We held on to their room keys until they arrived.

Only problem that I can think of is if you are using the DDP. I have no experience in this area, but you may want to check what the rules are for 'all' guests on the DDP.

We were there Christmas week, on the Dining plan, and added someone for 2 nights mid-vacation, without any problem.

You can add him midway. Just let the front desk know so they can get him a key card and parking pass.

You will have no problem adding him for just the nights he will be there. If you have a package with the DDP, he will just have to pay OOP for his meals and buy his tickets when he arrives. Since it looks like he's coming after you, just tell the CM when you check in when he will be arriving. If he needs to use DME, putting him on the ressie before he arrives will allow him to use that. Have a great trip.

When our son was in college he joined us a couple days later when classes were done. We had no problem adding him to the reservation.

I think at OKW it doesn't matter at all. When I tried to do this at a regular room, when we had DDP...Disney did let me do it, but they told me if I added them ahead of getting there, then the extra person woudl be charged for DDP for the entire stay, AND we'd be charged the extra adult fee for the enire stay. In our case, we has multiple rooms, so one person was going to be staying part of the time in one room, and part of the time in another room. The computer wanted to assign the person to both rooms, which then created a conflict.

I don't think all of the above applies in your situation, becuase you are DVC i don't thinkt he extra adult fee applies. If someone is reading this who is not DVC, it might. If for some reason disney does want to charge you an extra adult fee, then below is the way to avoid it. It's also likely that Disney has fixed their booking system in the last two years.

What we did to get around the situation was to wait until we were AT WDW. Once you are there the resort CM was able to arange everything. I've also once or twice talked directly to ME folks over the years to make sure they had all our arrangements correct. That's another avenue if thins are not the way you like them.

The ME folks strongly prefer a minimum 24 hour notice. Last time i checked, You need 48 hour ntoice if you want to add a person to the DDP.

The ME folks strongly prefer a minimum 24 hour notice.

You can just walk up to the desk at DME and tell them the room number/name information of the party that you're joining and they will print you a voucher to ride the DME right then. No prior notice needed. You will need to get your bags yourself in that case (unless the last minute guest arrives with the party on the airplane and you request more luggage tags ahead of time to tag the additional person's bags)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter