Can "Will Call Tickets" be loaded onto your wristband?

CampFanatic

Fort Wilderness; since 1985!
If we purchase "will call tickets" through a discount agency (MEA or AAA), can we load them onto our wristbands on our Disney Experience? :confused3

I believe JB is correct, though I have only done that process using tickets I bought directly through Disney.

PS
I heard a rumor that if you buy tickets outside of Disney like from a discounter that they can no longer be upgraded. Only tickets bought directly through Disney can now be upgraded (I think this new policy just took place with the new pricing that just came out). But, not sure if it's true? Just saying...may one to check into that if your thinking you might add a day or upgrade it to a annual pass or something.

Would like to hear more about that rumor. Why would Disney not want to help upgrade tickets? Don't they make more money that way? On the surface, this does not make much sense. :confused3

Never heard about non upgradable tickets even from outside vendors. He asked specifically on will call and I have done that. Another family I travel with still had non expire from another trip and had no issues with adding the ticket to their mymagicplus account and linking to specific magic bands. They just used the number on the bottom of the ticket card. I have heard some older tickets require someone at disney to add them.

Would like to hear more about that rumor. Why would Disney not want to help upgrade tickets? Don't they make more money that way? On the surface, this does not make much sense. :confused3

This is where I saw it, but I haven't officially spoken to a CM about this change yet so that's why I said it's a rumor.

allears.net/pl/ticket.htm‎

Effective with the price increase of February 23, 2014 Disney has changed it's policy on upgrading tickets. They will no longer add additional days, new options ...

Update: March 5, 2014 - the new policy is effective on tickets bought from 3rd party sellers by guests who try to beat an increase in gate ticket prices. The new policy requires you to pay the difference between the old ticket and the new ticket first before you can do any upgrade. We have no information yet as to how Disney will separate those ticket purchases from ones that were made prior to the latest increase or how many previous price increases may be affected.

Here is the post from AllEars. Note the update as of today. Still doesn't make sense to me. There may be some added money to Disney, but it sounds like a lot of additional paperwork for everybody.

Last week, after the All Ears Newsletter had been mailed, we became aware of an unannounced change in Disney's policy regarding tickets that were purchased from non-Disney sources. Several guests reported that when they attempted to add a day to their Magic your Way ticket that was purchased from a non-Disney source, they were refused and told that they would have to spend more than $100 for a single day ticket. Several tried at both their resort concierge and at a guest relations window and were told the same thing.

We called the Disney Ticketing office and and spoke to a supervisor. We were told that commencing with last week's price increase "3rd party tickets can no longer be upgraded to passes at a pro-rated rate, have days added, or have options added at a discount." A different call to a second Disney source confirmed it but added that this does not affect AAA.

On the basis of that, we changed our ticket FAQ to reflect the new policy. More refinement of the policy will likely become known as time passes. We will keep watching the situation and listening to our readers' comments about any problems or successes they have had in this area. - March 3, 2014

Update: March 5, 2014 - the new policy is effective on tickets bought from 3rd party sellers by guests who try to beat an increase in gate ticket prices. The new policy requires you to pay the difference between the old ticket and the new ticket first before you can do any upgrade. We have no information yet as to how Disney will separate those ticket purchases from ones that were made prior to the latest increase or how many previous price increases may be affected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter