• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we transfer our Vacation Reservation to a different date?

HilsNPaul

Mouseketeer
I have heard that you can transfer your reservation to another date.

DOes anyone know if this is true and how I might go about doing it?

thank you!

It depends. If you have travel insurance be advised you will LOSE that money by changing dates.

As long as you have not paid off the package in full, all you have to do is call and ask. I moved mine back one full week.

First, make sure that the promotion you originally booked is available. I did not want to lose my Buy 4 Get 3 Free rate. If I had just asked them to move it first, I would have lost that promo and been charged full rack rate. This would be the same thing with free dining etc. There might not be an opening for your new dates with the promo rate, if this occurs, then if you change dates your price will change - usually higher unless the price season is different.

I am not sure what would happen if the package was paid in full.

I've changed my dates and never had a problem or trip insurance. However, I've always done it outside the 30 day window. I just called and explained that I needed to change the date and they did it. One time they let me change it and I was only a week away but that was due to a death in the family. Just call reservations and explain. Good luck.

If you have a Walt Disney World Vacation Package all changes MUST be made at least 45 days prior to arrival.

If you have a Walt Disney World Room Only Reservation all changes MUST be made at least 5 days prior to arrival.

Yes, you can changes the dates and the resort. I booked a May AP rate at Pop Century in March, but a week or two later switched the dates AND the resort with no issue. I kept the same reservation #.

I just spoke with a CM regaring this exact issue. We are going in august & I never get the insurance,this trip I was thinking about adding it on only because my Grandfather is not doing well. So I called Disney to see what my options would be if I didn't have insurance & needed to reschedule. I was told by 2 different CM's on 2 different phone calls that if you need to reschedule w/out insurance & the price of you trip goes down you will have to pay a $50 rescheduling fee,but you would get a refund for the cost difference. If the package price stays the same no fee if the price goes up you pay the price difference.

If you have a Walt Disney World Vacation Package all changes MUST be made at least 45 days prior to arrival.

If you have a Walt Disney World Room Only Reservation all changes MUST be made at least 5 days prior to arrival.

Yes, you can changes the dates and the resort. I booked a May AP rate at Pop Century in March, but a week or two later switched the dates AND the resort with no issue. I kept the same reservation #.

Thats not true. You can make changes to a package 48 hours from travel as long as the dates youre looking to change to are available. You have to CANCEL outside of 45 days to avoid cancellation fees.

As long as you have not paid off the package in full, all you have to do is call and ask. I moved mine back one full week.

First, make sure that the promotion you originally booked is available. I did not want to lose my Buy 4 Get 3 Free rate. If I had just asked them to move it first, I would have lost that promo and been charged full rack rate. This would be the same thing with free dining etc. There might not be an opening for your new dates with the promo rate, if this occurs, then if you change dates your price will change - usually higher unless the price season is different.

I am not sure what would happen if the package was paid in full.

Even if your pkg is paid in full you can still change your dates. I did just that for my upcoming Sept/Dec trip. I booked it for the first week in Sept as a bounceback offer when I was there last Sept. and had it paid off a couple of months later. In January I decided I'd rather go later in the month, so called and asked if I could move it to a later date and still keep my free dining. The CM said no problem, as long as my trip started by Oct 3rd. I moved it to Sept 26th-Oct 3rd.

Thank you for all your responses. My issue is that I've just started a new job and will not have the vacation days accrued in time for our planned vacation.

I may need to reschedule months later- like our vacation is September and we may only be able to go in January.

Do you all think that is feasible?

Thank you for all your responses. My issue is that I've just started a new job and will not have the vacation days accrued in time for our planned vacation.

I may need to reschedule months later- like our vacation is September and we may only be able to go in January.

Do you all think that is feasible?

If you are booked under the free dining promo you will not be able to switch that to January dates. The new dates you select would still have to be within the promotional period.

And I may be wrong, but I would think you can not change to 2010 dates until the rates are out. Unless you are looking for room only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter