can we swim with the dolphins and husband just get the day pass? Pic prices?

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by roliepolieoliefan, Feb 12, 2013.

1. roliepolieoliefan

roliepolieoliefan DIS Veteran

I'm trying to talk DH into a DC visit. He has no interest in the dolphin experience. Can the kids and I purchase the dolphin swim and he can just purchase the regular day pass? Plus how much are the pictures DC takes during the Dolphin swim?

Thx!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NauroraJbelle

NauroraJbelle Earning My Ears

We went to DC 2/3 and it was amazing!!!! Your dh doesn't have to do the dolphin swim if you do. We all did but there were other groups there where you could see they had family not doing the swim and they were on the side taking pictures. I bought the full photo package including the dvd of the dolphin swim and honestly don't remember what I spent:) I'm thinking over $200 which was the 7 5 x 7's , 2 key chains, cd of all photos, dvd, a "poster" size pic(why would I want this) ,a photo album, There are various options. We all loved the entire day. I can't wait to go back, which will be years from now:)

Jeanne

4. Yubbie

Yubbie Devourer of Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bars

Yes to your first question and the pics for the dolphin interaction aren't cheap. I can't remember the exact prices, but around or over $100. if you want all the pics in a digital format. I think individual pics are in the $15. range.

5. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

Here's an older thread that gives the photo prices as of summer 2011:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2769409

The prices have probably increased a tad since then, but it gives you a rough idea of approximate cost and the various inclusions in each package.

6. Bearybear

Bearybear A firm believer in the unbelievable

When we did it last year, there was a family with the dad taking lots of pictures while the rest of the family did the dolphin experience. We bought the pictures last year, and it was right around $200, but we also bought the video, so if you just go the CD with the digital pics, it would be less.

7. Maves Wife

Maves Wife Mouseketeer

one of our party didnt do the swim, but they let him come in the water at the end to get a family picture with the dolphin. It was such a lovely gesture and the trainers offered it to us we didnt ask x