• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we shut off the automatic door on an access. room?

PrincessTess

Mouseketeer
Hi, were 11 days out and just got our 5E room assignment. Its a deck 7 accessible 5E on the back of the boat with a huge balcony. I know the accessible room doors slowly open automatically, is there any way to shut this off? Itll be a problem coming in late at night/leaving early as there isnt even a curtain.

Anyone stayed in one? Trying to determine if its worth it. Stateroom #7688

You actually can get room service to disable it. We had to have them re-enable it after the family before us didn't need it.

You actually can get room service to disable it. We had to have them re-enable it after the family before us didn't need it.

Well, that's good to know. We didn't need the HA room and asked to have it disabled. We were told that was not an option. We were on the Fantasy. What ship were you on?

That door was really our only complaint! It makes sense if the handicapped person is alone, but we were always together. Even popping out to place our room service card for the morning necessitated the door opening wide and clear for the world to get an eyeful of our room for several long seconds. It didn't even occur to us to see if it could be disabled. If we tried to force it and a CM was nearby, we were told not to pretty earnestly. We were on the Fantasy in 8090.

My Mum had a HA room on the Magic last year and there were two different ways to enter the room - one the usual way opening the door manually and one to use the auto door opening. I always opened it normally and my Mum used the auto opening. Never had a HA room on the newer ships so not sure if they are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter