Can we share a ts meal?

nancybeth67

Earning My Ears
When we have a table service meal do we all have to order a meal or can we share. For example, we are two adults and two kids. Can we order two adult meals and only 1 kids meal (for them to share).

I'm assuming we can do this at a quick service meal...because it's just like fast food, correct?

Thanks! Nan;)

On or off the plan?

If buffet or fam style probably not.

If on ddp think not...

OOP at std sitdown think yes.

You can do this in most places. The exceptions are:

Buffets, all you can eat family style restaurants, CRT, Akershus, and dinner shows.

Also, Via Napoli does not permit sharing of dining credits.

You can definitely do this at CS, you can purchase fewer meals than you have people on the plan.

We definitely did this last year on DDP because my dd was 10 years old and would rather eat the chicken nugget options than have a full on huge feast off the adult menu. We had her share with us or my ds and always gave her our dessert (happy happy!). We ended up with extra adult credits to apply towards another meal later in our trip. Like pp stated.... we could not do this at 1900 PF or packages where there is a pp package deal like Fantasmic or CP.

We have CG booked our first night of our upcoming Dec trip, and I think she'd rather have a killer counter service then eat our dessert than us waste 2 credits on a meal she probably won't eat. I think we'll be saving her credits then too. As of right now we are paying for CRT oop, so anything we can save up will be a bonus!

We just returned and shared a bunch of meals. We did so at Yak and Yeti,50's Prime Time and Yachtsman Steakhouse as well as all of our counter service. This allowed us to go to California Grill one night for a special meal as well. Thee is no way we can eat as much food as is served at some of those places! I always ask ahead of time to be sure but we have never had an issue. As others have said, you obviously cannot do it at buffets or family style places but that is standard anywhere, not just Disney. Have a great trip! We love every minute but I am glad to be home and back on my normal eating schedule!

Sorry, I should have mentioned that we were using the dining plan! Nothing better than free food. We ate about $1,000 worth of free meals and snacks during our stay. Happy bellies and wallets!

Sorry, I should have mentioned that we were using the dining plan! Nothing better than free food. We ate about $1,000 worth of free meals and snacks during our stay. Happy bellies and wallets!

Did you mean that you had free dining? Because if you paid for your dining plan then it wasn't free food, was it? And others actually will argue that there is no such thing as free dining, since you are opting to pay full price for room and tickets. Just wanted to run that one up the ol' flagpole.

Yes we had free dining. Not sure I really understand that argument although it is gone over constantly. I get that we pay the rack rate. The other alternative is a room discount that saves us a couple hundred dollars total over a week. Can't feed 4 people on that. I do run the numbers. The price of the package is the same whether I ask for and receive free dining or not. Plenty of people don't know about it and paid the same amount as I did but did not get the meals. So how people say its not free, I don't get. Disney could charge the same prices and not offer discounts and lots of folks would pay it I am sure. We enjoy the food and eat a lot of stuff we would not pay for regardless of how much less our room would theoretically be in the imaginary world where Disney just lowers prices instead of offering discounts or promotions. To me, yes, it is free.

I am not sure why it's necessary to go into the "is the free dining plan really free" argument on a thread that asks about sharing meals.

I also forgot to mention no sharing on the Fantasmic package or Candlelight Processional package, everybody buys a meal with those.

Surely did not mean to start an argument but the original question was about sharing using the dining plan(free or otherwise). Believe me I'm tired of that one too! Nobody is forcing anyone to take the dining plan.

If on DDP, I don't think you can share at Beaches & Cream - never tried it, but that's what I've read on this board.

Some time ago there were multiple reports that B&C didn't allow sharing on the dining plan, haven't seen them lately.

There was one report today that a DDP party that asked to share at T-Rex Cafe was denied.

Good to know.....we've never tried it. We have been denied letting our 10yo child order off the child's menu when on the DDP, but that's a different thread LOL.

This might be off topic....excuse me if it is!

Can my DH and I share a prix fixe (oop)? We are especially interested in the prix fixe at flying fish?!?!

Thanks!

I would expect if you are sitting at a dining experience, such as Flying Fish or V&A's,you would pay by the seat.

Anywhere else, you can ask to share (except buffets); they may or may not charge you for an extra sharing plate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter