Can we request locations? qsfb

disgirl4lyfe

Earning My Ears
Is there a way to request locations for qsfb before I get there? For instance I really want Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies, Babycakes, or the BoardWalk Bakery. For QSFB people out there, do they actually put CP's in these locations? I have never seen or heard of anyone from the CP being placed here. :confused3

Is there a way to request locations for qsfb before I get there? For instance I really want Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies, Babycakes, or the BoardWalk Bakery. For QSFB people out there, do they actually put CP's in these locations? I have never seen or heard of anyone from the CP being placed here. :confused3

I think it wouldn't hurt to request a location. I was a hotel major & ended up working QSFB @ All Star music in the AC I was one of the lucky ones. Good luck!

Sure! During the interview. If it's after you're SOL.

And there's not a whole lot the recruiters can do to guarantee placement. They can only make suggestions.

I worked BW Merchandise during my CP and there were definitely a few CPs working there. There were more ICPs, though, at least during my program. However, with the new expansion, I would guess that there's probably room for more CPs now.

They pretty much want you to bring this up during the interview and not after the fact.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/when-is-the-best-time-to-request-a-specific-work-location/

"During the telephone interview, you will be asked about the roles you indicated on the Role Checklist. This is the ideal time to mention not only why you selected certain roles, but also exactly where you would like to be placed if given the opportunity to participate on the program."

"Of course, when applying for any role on the program, one must be open to all possible work locations for that role. In addition, specific placement in a location cannot be guaranteed. "​

And before anyone says "they accepted them before in the past", take a look at the comment at the bottom where this is explained.

"Over the last several years, the number of people making location requests dramatically increased, although it was never information actively solicited by the Recruiting Team. The challenge was that these requests were coming in after the interview or shortly before they arrived when this type of information was not being collected.

It was obvious that many students wished to share this information; they just didn’t know when they should do it. The reason this article was written was to advise everyone that they should do this during the telephone interview. The telephone interview is the time when information about an applicant is actively being notated and requested by the College Recruiting Team."​

I said in my interview that I would love to work in DHS as my top choice, or Magic Kingdom. When I found out my role, I sent an email (I forget to who - I'm sorry!) asking if it was possible to be placed in Mickey's of Hollywood at DHS or the Emporium at Magic Kingdom. I got the standard email back 'we can't promise anything blabla'.

Fast forward to my program - I got Emporium, Magic Kingdom :goodvibes. It doesn't hurt to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter