• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we have friends come and visit us at our resort and swim in our pool at OKW?

visit you: yes
use the pool: No ( although people occassionally do)

This can be quite a hot topic of conversation so it may not stay unlocked for long. But the pools have capacities and if every room designated for 4 people brought another 4 people to use the pool they would be way over capacity and it would be an unpleasant experience for everyone.

I can't remember the rule on this.

While I expect you'd get different answers even from CMs, one thing is clear...

you can have people up to your occupancy in the pools. For example, there are 3 of us, and we often get a 2 bedroom.....I normally get a few extra room keys, because we always have guests.

I can't remember the rule on this.

Unless your friends pull up in a tour bus, I don't see the harm in it. You will of course have to get towels fro them or they may bring their own. There's probably is a rule written about this but let's be honest, if I show up in my 2 bedroom unit that sleeps eight with three people, the accomodations, pool included are meant for 8. That's how I would rationalize inviting my friends for a day at the pool.

Signs at the pools say they are reserved for the guests of that resort. If you are a DVC member and your friends are staying at WDW (other than AKL/AKV and BC/YC/BCV) you could pool hop over to their pool. But they are not supposed to pool hop to your pool unless they are also DVC members staying on points at a DVC resort.

Unless your friends pull up in a tour bus, I don't see the harm in it. You will of course have to get towels fro them or they may bring their own. There's probably is a rule written about this but let's be honest, if I show up in my 2 bedroom unit that sleeps eight with three people, the accomodations, pool included are meant for 8. That's how I would rationalize inviting my friends for a day at the pool.

But if you're 3 people staying in a 2br, then simply add the name of up to 5 of your friends when you check in, and they'll be registered guests (even though they don't sleep there). Of course, if you're doing the dining plan this could be very expensive! :laughing:

when we had relitives visit us at ssr,we ask if its ok at front desk if they can visit,as they are intrested in buying dvc.you bet they said yes to letting them come and use the pool.well it work they bought 240points at akv
Paulh

I would imagine that unless you brought 25 friends to the pool, no one is going to badger you.

I have a sister in Tampa and her family usually visits us for a day on one of our trips every year. I have always asked the front desk and have always been given approval for them to join us at the pool if that is what we want to do that day.

I have a sister in Tampa and her family usually visits us for a day on one of our trips every year. I have always asked the front desk and have always been given approval for them to join us at the pool if that is what we want to do that day.
I agree - ask at the resort and act accordingly. No one here speaks for the resort.

I agree - ask at the resort and act accordingly. No one here speaks for the resort.

Don't forget part 2. No 2 CMs ever give the same answer, so you can keep asking until you get the answer you are looking for!

Not meant to be a dig at the OP. Just pointing out that CMs often diverge with their answers, just like as MS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter