Can we have 5 in a one bedroom at OKW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vacationlover

Earning My Ears
Can a family of 5 - mom, dad, 2 kids + 1 3yr old stay in a one bedroom at OKW? The 3 yr old would sleep in a pak n play? Would Disney allow this? If not, would how would they know?

A child under 3 is allowed. Your family would need a two bedroom.

Disney probably wouldn't know if you slipped a few postcards into your pocket without paying for them either.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx,This has failed every time it has been tried, why do we still have liberals?

The technical answer is no. A one BR sleeps 4 plus a child UNDER 3. Get ready for some debate as your question tends to create quite a heated discussion.

Jenn

Officially, the 1BR sleeps 4 plus a child under 3 in a crib. However, you will be OK even if the child is 3, particularly since the child will be using the same thing as a crib, and you will not have to hide the fact from MS when you make the reservation.

Note, be prepared for a possible onslaught of posts. The subject of having 5 in a 1BR has generated a lot of debate on this board, those for and those against, as Disney generally allows 5 (regardless of whether the fifth is a child in a crib) even though the stated rule is 4 "plus a child under 3 in a crib."

Thanks for the replies. It's actually not for us - but for a nice family I know who's exchanging into disney through another timeshare.

Are you staying on points or cash. If you are staying on points then the answer should be no. 1 bedrooms are for 4 people and any child under the age of 3. If you are staying on cash, then you might have to pay some additional cost for the 5th person.

Have a great time.

Scott and Peg

OS-1976
AS-1994
AS-1996
PO/cruise-1999
OKW-08/00
OKW-05/01
BWV-12/01

Cool I was getting a little bored with the renting points controversy. This hasn't been discussed in the last month.

If it is 5 then it is 5. How can they say my 3 year old can but when she is 4 she can't. I'm not wasting all those points on a two bedroom because she is 3 inches taller than last year. This is ridiculous.

Actually, when she is 3, she can't either.

The rules that you signed when you bought, or assumed if you bought a resale, state very clearly the occupancy limits.

A one bedroom sleeps four plus a child UNDER three in a crib. Even that child under three is a stretch of the rules.

It seems that they may be going back to getting strict about the occupancy limits again. I hope so, I think that is going to be good for all members.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx,This has failed every time it has been tried, why do we still have liberals?

David and Daniel, the rules are the rules and as most children think, they are not made to be broken. I am sure that when we have children we will feel differntly, but if it is 4 to a room then it's 4 to a room. After all those were the rules when you purchased. And I'm sure that you signed off on the rules just like all of us.

Sorry you don't agree with the occupancy rules but that is how it is set up, always has been. Would you rather risk that they could prevent you from checking in ?h

Rules certainly are rules and at the risk of sounding very harsh, if you can't afford the points for the legal size room and you aren't willing to wait until you have enough points banked to do it right, then DVC probably wasn't really for you. I too have a family of five, but we always stay in a two bdrm . That's what we agreed to in the contract , as did anyone else who bought, whether they read the contract or not.

Many people get a two bedroom unit for a family with two kids. The reason I bought DVC was to stay at WDW comfortably. The kids having their own room is the comfortable way to do it.

We always get the GV. We have another couple join us and the common kids take the third bedroom. We often have six in the Grand Villa.

I agree, DVC is not for everyone. If a two bedroom isn't affordable, DVC may not be a good choice.

Hey guys, vacationlover already said it wasn't for them. They were asking for a friend who is exchanging into OKW through II.In this case they DID NOT sign anything nor do they have to worry if they have enough points.
In another post some of you told David how intelligent he was for buying OKW, others of you "welcomed" him home, now your attacking him. He has MADE an OFFER. He has not yet received or signed any paper work. He is in the process of joining! In his other post he told you that he is buying 300 points which is certainly enough for him to stay at OKW.
I personally am not the Disney Police and I am NOT going to get myself worked up over if my neighbor has their 3 year old in pack and play.
Vacationlover, Disney will not care that they have their 3 year old the room.
David congratulations, I wish you 40 years of magic! ( I hope your package had this years points, and that you got it at a good price.)

[This message was edited by AnnK on 03-22-01 at 12:02 AM.]

Can't believe I'm getting into this mess again, but most of you are so sanctimonius on your reaction to this issue, and I feel so bad for the few people in the minority who don't see the problem here, and then get slammed by all of you. I have asked this question before, and so have others--are you all so adamant about "rules being rules" in ALL other aspects of your life? For instance,this may seem off topic, but I've noticed a lot of people on these boards are liberals--how did you all feel about the recount during our election in Nov.--how many of you thought the "rules are the rules", and how many were clamoring for recount after recount, and let's change the rules so that a vote is a dimple or a dent or a half-chad, or a hanging chad, etc.? I do not for one minute believe all of you are such saints that you constantly are living your lives attentive in every situation that the rules are the rules, because anyone with any sense of reality knows not everything is black and white, and the rules are not always the rules. I hate to be so strong on this topic, and certainly don't want to get into that whole offending people/personal attack thing, but really, why does this topic send you all into such a tiz? And, yes Rich I know all about your theories on taxing the services, and ruining your experience, and the ambience, etc, etc.; just don't buy it.Smiles to everybody--- :) :rolleyes: :) :rolleyes: :)

Ruthie
DVC'92

AnnK DIS Veteran wrote:
Relax and read the posts BEFORE you POST!

What? Read? That takes all the fun out of a good rant! :D

<A HREF="http://badshoe.com/" TARGET=_blank>
badshoe_logo_small.gif

</A>
</P>
Play the Celebrity Shoe Game at BadShoe.com
Disney silliness: Buzz's Spin, Parks, Parades MORE TAPESTRY and MORE OF THE Unfortunate Footwear of Walt Disney World: http://badshoe.com
http://members.home.net/dunlapsdisney/

Now you sound like the silly liberals. You are dismissing very plain and simple arguments by simply saying that you don't believe them.

What gets me more upset than anything is the DVC sales staff lying and encourouging people to break the rules. We may have come to an end with that. We may be seeing those rules enforced.

I just want to hear the first story of someone claiming that their timeshare sales person told them something contrary to what they signed and think they have any leg to stand on.

I was told by a sales manager a year or so ago, I named her, I could probably find it if I tried, she told me that people had been asked to secure proper sized accomodations or leave.

I cannot believe that Disney is going to evict a family that has a 3 year old sleeping in a pack and play! How many people have you seen them stop at the entrance to the parks and proof the child in the stroller? That is NOT the Disney way of doing things. This is a family and the child is THREE!!!!
Don't try and scare people.

I reported my conversation after I had it. I gave the lady's name and position.

I am posting what was told to me. I think mine is a little more reliable than a timeshare salesperson telling someone that the papers they signed can be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter