• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can We get a good TS place at American Adventure

I love this idea! Does anyone know an actual reason why there isn't a TS at the American Pavilion? Must be a money/ownership/sponsorship issue, right? Does Stouffers still sponsor Liberty Tree Tavern? Sponsor may not be the correct word.;)

I would just settle for a good Cajun restaurant anywhere on the property. I love having some good gumbo or jambalaya!

Sadly I think that fast food does represent the United States well though.

If we're gonna have hot dogs, they should be like Nathan's or Hebrew National. Let's make a hot dog fixin's bar from different regions of the country!:banana:

Disney switched all their dogs to a chicken/beef blend (mostly chicken) so I'd guess this restaurant will need to be outsourced by a third party...

Part of the problem as someone has pointed out already are there are very few authentic American cuisines.Most of Americas cuisine is borrowed from other countries since America was founded as a melting pot of nations...Yes America added its own flair and perfected some of the dishes,that doesn't make them truly American in origin.It would be nice to have a TS with a sampling of dishes, but again it would be quite difficult to choose what Americanized dishes it would serve. I suppose they could style it like Colonial Williamsburg restaurant menus

I somewhat aggree with this but not a valid reason. They could have a setup similar to Liberty Tree Taven in MK. To me mac and cheese, apple pie, roast beef, mash potatoes, meatloaf, and chicken to name a few are as American as it gets....smjj

. . . Maine Lobster - because Maine Lobsters go down to the Carolinas (they are a "type", not a location)
. . . Maryland Crab Cakes - were originally left-overs
. . . Philly Cheese Steaks - kinda just another English sandwich
. . . Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling and Scrapple - actually German
. . . Chicago and New York style Pizza - takeoffs on Italian food
. . . Wisconsin Bratwurst - again, German
. . . Memphis Ribs - St Louis and Texas might argue, but still not American in origin
. . . Southern Fried Chicken - actually developed in Mediterranean
. . . Salmon from the Northwest - Canadian
. . . Cajun and Creole from New Orleans - really Canadian

...and yet they still serve chips with the fish at the UK pavilion even though the potato was first domesticated in Peru. Crazy! :rolleyes1

All foods evolved over time from other regions. If you start breaking it down then practically nothing would be original. I think that style of cooking and flavorings define food and much was developed in the US and could be showcased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter