Can we do this?

Danielle321

Earning My Ears
My father is retired military. He would like to purchase tickets for my family (family of 7) because my parents want to contribute to the kids trip, and this is the way they can help us save the most money. He can purchase them at the travel place on his base, and of course he'll have a military ID to pick them up (same place). Is the only time they ask for a military ID is when he picks up the tickets? Should we run into any problems checking into an on-site hotel (NOT the shade of green of course) or checking into the park? I'm not sure how the military ticket system even works, but if we're able to use them with no problem, it would save us so much time, money, and energy!

Are the tickets the same as the ones you would purchase at the gate? If so, you'll be fine.

They are exactly the same as you buy at the gate except on the back of the tickets it says 4 (5,7, etc.) Day Military Park Hopper. My DH is also retired military and we get these everytime we go to Disney. Other than when he purchases them, he's never been asked to show his military ID.

Too bad he's not going w/ you. Disney is running a great deal for the military where the military person gets a free ticket and they can by a certain # of tickets for family/friends for something like $99! I think it's a 4-day hopper. However, you have to buy them on-site.

This doesn't apply to retired military. This promotion is for active military and their families only. Retirees don't qualify. They're called Disney's Armed Forces Salute Passes and they are available to active U.S. Military personnel with proper ID (including active members of the U.S. Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reservists).

Sometimes the military has promotions for all it's personnel but it's very seldom announced. We went in May one year and when we got our passes, they told us May was designated as Military Month and the passes were even cheaper than normal. The cost came out to one free day for every three days you bought. You never really know.

Hi,
Just wanted to give you a thought here. On one of the other boards or posted at sometime, I've been reading these so much in the last year who knows when or where it was, but I read that a family with military tickets had split up, I think one group had gone to AK and the other to MK and that the party at MK didn't have a military member with them and they refused them admittance until the military member showed up, apparently he showed they all went into MK and then he left and went back to AK, the castmembers saw like the whole thing and didn't say anything, but still....
In my experience though, we have never had a problem using military tickets and they have never asked to see ID. We have been finger scanned often though when using the military tickets, but when we just bought regular hoppers, nothing. SO who knows, maybe it is on the whim of the day!
Good Luck with this and they are a great way to save money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter