Can We Choose What Park to Work at?

soft_spell

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!
I'm about to apply for Fall 2012 and I'm having a hard time figuring out which roles I want to work and where I want to work. I'd like to work at DAK, but I'm not sure if I am able to choose.???? I'm also planning on taking classes. I just don't want to be overworked and rundown. I'd like to have enough time for the classes. Not to mention, I'd like to have some fun too! (if excepted, of coarse)

You can request something during your interview (For example, "I want to work attractions as my first choice and I would really love to work at Magic Kingdom) and the interviewer will write it down, just know there is no guarantee that requests can be granted. It can't hurt to mention it though.

You can tell your interviewer where you would like to work and they may try to put you there, but as Que_Sarah_Sarah said, there are no guarantees. If you are taking classes DAK would be a good choice because their hours are shorter. However, if you don't get DAK don't forget you can pick up shifts at any park :)

How does the hopper role work? I can't decide if I want Custodial or Merch, so I was hoping I could just work both. But I only want to work at DAK, is that even possible with hopper?:idea:

How does the hopper role work? I can't decide if I want Custodial or Merch, so I was hoping I could just work both. But I only want to work at DAK, is that even possible with hopper?:idea:

As the others have said, you can only request where you want to work. Chances are good that you won't be where you want to be. Plus, you won't know where you're going to be working until you get down there. If you ONLY want to work at DAK, what happens if you get accepted, go down there, and find out you're at MK?

Well, I will still work at any of the parks, of coarse! I want to work at all of them too. I love variety, I just prefer DAK.

Talk to your recruiter and make a case.

I wanted to be a safari driver since I was 10 years old. I luckily got accepted to do attractions. When we had a party at my school for people going, my reruiter asked were I wanted to go and I told her safari. She asked me why and I told her I already knew the lines and started saying the spiel. She freaked out and loved it. She asked for my last name and started emailing someone. Never said anything else about it. Then low and behold, I became a safari driver! Maybe it was just luck, but I like to think that she helped me.

Also, in my interview I talked about my love for animals and then put the Disney AK spin on it. I said something like we have to live in harmony with the animals and help protect them. Most people I knew working them did something with animals of plants and such

Anywho, GOOD LUCK!

Talk to your recruiter and make a case.

I wanted to be a safari driver since I was 10 years old. I luckily got accepted to do attractions. When we had a party at my school for people going, my reruiter asked were I wanted to go and I told her safari. She asked me why and I told her I already knew the lines and started saying the spiel. She freaked out and loved it. She asked for my last name and started emailing someone. Never said anything else about it. Then low and behold, I became a safari driver! Maybe it was just luck, but I like to think that she helped me.

Also, in my interview I talked about my love for animals and then put the Disney AK spin on it. I said something like we have to live in harmony with the animals and help protect them. Most people I knew working them did something with animals of plants and such

Anywho, GOOD LUCK!

Thank you for sharing this story! It's an awesome one. I had my interview on Friday and I in the "waiting patiently" stage, it's annoying. I didn't say anything to my interviewer about park preference. I really wish I would have and I'm totally kicking myself right now. I have a question though, is your interviewer your recruiter? Who is the recruiter? I really want to talk to them.:woohoo:

I really didn't prepare for my interview like I should have. I'm so frustrated at myself.

Thank you for sharing this story! It's an awesome one. I had my interview on Friday and I in the "waiting patiently" stage, it's annoying. I didn't say anything to my interviewer about park preference. I really wish I would have and I'm totally kicking myself right now. I have a question though, is your interviewer your recruiter? Who is the recruiter? I really want to talk to them.:woohoo:

I really didn't prepare for my interview like I should have. I'm so frustrated at myself.

You most likely did fine don't worry :)

The Disney person who does to colleges is the recruiter

@KyleJake: How was working at the safari? Did you enjoy it and have fun? Did you have enough hours? And did you get to interact much with other cm's with being on your own driving?
I'm asking bc I think after my phone interview, if I'm accepted I think I may get placed at the safari- my interviewer asked me if I wanted to work at DAK and if I had a drivers license etc..
I'm excited, but I would love the perspective from someone who has done it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter