• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we ask to sit alone?!

tessieg

Mouseketeer
Hi!
We are taking our first cruise next summer. Dh and I along with 3 kids. May also have Grandma along.
Can we ask to sit alone at meals? Are there tables for our sized party? We aren't unfriendly!! We just like to have true family time on vacation and don't think we would enjoy having to make small talk with strangers rather than focusing on one another.
Are seating assignments totally random or do they take requests?
Thanks for any help....we are learning a lot by reading all the posts on this board!!!
Tessie

Yes, and you will usually get your request. Not a guarantee though.

We are a family of four and had our travel agent put in a request for a table for just our family. Time will tell if we get our request. I hope we do--I really want to be able to spend time as a family and not make small talk with strangers...I don't do well with strangers. Plus my son has a life threatening nut allergy and I really don't want to have to worry about cross-contamination from a stranger's food.

We've put in the same request for similar reasons, plus I have food allergies so we'd prefer not to eat with people who naturally can eat the stuff to which I'm allergic (it's not fair on anyone). Plus there's the language barrier...:rolleyes1 we talk different!

We requested a table for 4 last year when we cruised on the Wonder. Our request was granted. We asked our travel agent to put in the request a month or two before the cruise.

You can request your own table. We did for 4 of us and got our request. The tables are assigned and usually around the same area in each restaurant. When you arrive at the restaurant they will show you to your table.

Glad to hear this! We put in a request so I hope that we get it. Our son is really shy and would just crawl in our arms and not sit in his seat if strangers were with us. So we are crossing our fingers!

Our request was granted on all 4 of our cruises. I have 2 shy ones (DS and DH) who would be mortified to have to eat and talk to others at the table. Its not that they are antisocial, they just are uncomfortable eating in an intimate setting with strangers.

I would suggest going to guest services (or whatever spot they set up for changing dinning times) right when you get on the ship and asking if your request was granted. If it was, you are good to go. If not, you can see about changing it then and there.

Have a wonderful trip!

We made the request for our last 2 cruises and our request was accepted. We're a family of 4 and on each cruise we were seated close to another family of 4.

Our request was granted on all 4 of our cruises. I have 2 shy ones (DS and DH) who would be mortified to have to eat and talk to others at the table. Its not that they are antisocial, they just are uncomfortable eating in an intimate setting with strangers.

I would suggest going to guest services (or whatever spot they set up for changing dinning times) right when you get on the ship and asking if your request was granted. If it was, you are good to go. If not, you can see about changing it then and there.

Have a wonderful trip!
That's what I did on our last cruise. I thought it would be much better to make sure it was taken care of before we actually got to the dining room the first night. I would be totally embarrassed to ask to be moved once we were already sitting with other people.

It tells you where to go "To Change Dining Assignment" on the front page of the Navigator. When I was on the Dream it was D Lounge 1pm-3:30pm. The CM confirmed we had a table to ourselves.

We booked thru DCL direct...who and when do we make this request? Just call the customer service number? I've looked online to see if we could do it but I didn't find anything.

More Dittos!

We have requested it 3 times and it has always been granted. We also always go to the area they have setup to make dining changes to confirm when we get on board.

DCL should be able to assist you. The first DCL cruise we took we had tablemates. Really nice and they placed a boy my daughters age at the same table. It seemed that they hit it off pretty well. After the cruise I found out that the dud was trying to get some alone time with my DD. Since then we have requested to be seated by ourselves, my DW and DD or just for my DW whenever we cruise alone. In all 6 of the other cruises we have taekn with DCL, Disney has granted our request.

We are a family of four and had our travel agent put in a request for a table for just our family. Time will tell if we get our request. I hope we do--I really want to be able to spend time as a family and not make small talk with strangers...I don't do well with strangers. Plus my son has a life threatening nut allergy and I really don't want to have to worry about cross-contamination from a stranger's food.

If it's due to a life threatening allergy - make your request through special services (there is a form you can use in your online check in stuff - I just write extra stuff on the bottom - not for a private table but additional requests for a toilet riser, etc).

If it's due to a life threatening allergy - make your request through special services (there is a form you can use in your online check in stuff - I just write extra stuff on the bottom - not for a private table but additional requests for a toilet riser, etc).

Thank you for this tip--I appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter