Can video games hook up to TVs on Magic?

Belle2667

Ah, Disney, where the magic never stops!
Hi -

We're sailing on the Magic again in October and I know the room TVs were replaced in the last dry dock.

Does anyone know if we could hook up our PS3 to the new TVs?

Thanks!

Good question!!! The kids would love the Wii. We are going in October as well; the 10th!

There are video games including a Wii in the club. ROFL. I would not let the kids play games in the stateroom if we have paid to go on a cruise. The kids bring their DS games along only for the trip to and from the port from home...about a 12 hour drive. They have never pulled them out on the ship. We were never in the room long enough...except to sleep that is.

I agree,with all there is to do on the ship i would be mad as heck if the kids were sucked into video games in the room!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCL requests that you not hook up video game systems to the televisions. The ports are definitely available, but there is a good chance that they have been disabled via the setup menus in the TV's themselves.

Here is the link for the list of Prohibited Items from the DCL website.

What a great idea. Maybe they can order room service for meals as well and never leave the room. They will be a nice lumpy pastey white by the time the cruse is over.

I do have to wonder since that has obviously not been updated in a while since it has the PS as the game listed in the lab instead of the Wii that it was due to the old televisions. I do not know that it was possible to even hook one up to the older TVs. Just wondering if that was the sole reason for it before...still won't let the kids bring one. ;)

There are video games including a Wii in the club. ROFL. I would not let the kids play games in the stateroom if we have paid to go on a cruise. The kids bring their DS games along only for the trip to and from the port from home...about a 12 hour drive. They have never pulled them out on the ship. We were never in the room long enough...except to sleep that is.
I agree. If I'm paying to take the kids on a cruise, they aren't going to be playing the exact same games that the do at home on a screen 1/3 the size on the ship. There are PLENTY of other options.

I agree. If I'm paying to take the kids on a cruise, they aren't going to be playing the exact same games that the do at home on a screen 1/3 the size on the ship. There are PLENTY of other options.

I agree.

Tough crowd! No doubt we will be spending the majority of our time cruising but if one kid played a game while the other napped I don't think this would be a terrible thing:scared1:

What a great idea. Maybe they can order room service for meals as well and never leave the room. They will be a nice lumpy pastey white by the time the cruse is over.

And on the last night you can just roll them out in the hall way with your bags:happytv:

Jeez people; one of the people cruising with us has a disabled son who can not do much. She was thinking of this for him when he has time in the room.

Sabeking said:
Jeez people; one of the people cruising with us has a disabled son who can not do much. She was thinking of this for him when he has time in the room.
I would suggest calling the cruise line and speaking with a supervisor. If they have disabled the ports on the new TV's in the staterooms, there is a chance they would make an exception for you and enable them for the length of your stay.

Even better, they may confirm for you that they are live and can be used for your stay.

The worst they can do is refer you to the Prohibited Items list, and all you are out is just the time to make the call :)

You may want to check out the DIS-abilities board for information your friend might find helpful to help her son have the best cruise possible. :) There may be other things that DCL can offer if he does need to spend time in the room or they may have suggestions of what is available for him to enjoy that she never thought possible. I hope all of you have a great cruise! After many years of seeing people ask about taking game systems for their children to play in the stateroom on the cruise just because they don't like to be away from the games, I just figured it was the same situation, though it may be for the OP. I am sorry and I hope all of you have a great cruise!

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

The ports are not disabled. If you are technically competent you can set them up. I did this not for video games, but for camcorder and portable DVD players. There was no problem, You just need to figure out how to change between the different video input sources.

OP here -

On our next cruise, DS13 will be by himself with several adults. He is not happy about going, but he has no choice. This is not his first cruise either and he is not happy that they changed the age groups for the Stack as he's bored with the Oceaneers Club.

I didn't plan on creating any arguments, I was just looking for options to get him to "buy" into going with us. If that meant bringing his video games to play in our room, so be it.

OP here -

On our next cruise, DS13 will be by himself with several adults. He is not happy about going, but he has no choice. This is not his first cruise either and he is not happy that they changed the age groups for the Stack as he's bored with the Oceaneers Club.

I didn't plan on creating any arguments, I was just looking for options to get him to "buy" into going with us. If that meant bringing his video games to play in our room, so be it.

Belle,

For a long time we had an only child until we adopted our foster daughter this past summer. One thing that worked great for us on our 7 night cruise in 2007 when our daughter was 11 1/2 was to get her aquainted with some of the kids via the meets thread for our cruise. I ended up doing a small scrapbooking project for girls ages 8-13. We met in the lounge and put together the scrapbooks and visited. We also went to the meet and greet on Sunday morning for breakfast. She then got to know another girl really well and just had a great time with her. We're hoping to cruise again with them for Thanksgiving 2010.

Although your son isn't an "only" it's still very similar and worked GREAT for us. Have you gotten on the meets thread for your cruise to see if any boys his age are going? We started an e-mail list so they could e-mail back and forth a bit before cruising.

Good luck, and here's hoping that you won't need the Wii to entice him onboard!

Suz D

Has your DS looked into what is offered at the OQ? It is not at all like the OC or OL. It is like a mini version of the Stack with unstructured programming. There are links in the DIS DCL FAQ thread in the KIDS CLUB section for pictures of the OQ and he can check out the NAVIGATORS to see what is going on with his age group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter