Can Travel Agents Get Better Deals?

we used a ta for our first trip last year. we did not get any discounts but were pretty specific about 3 resorts we would consider, 2-3 weeks we wanted to go and we booked it in the fall to go in december. i have done our booking myself this time (which i at first felt slightly guilty about). last time was our first so we didn't know ANYTHING disney-esque. i have done a lot of research since then and don't feel my agent is going to look up options for free dining plan or specials as regularly as i am willing to. as a matter of fact, i wasn't actually PLANNING on booking a trip this year but while playing around, stumbled across something so *had* to book it. :)

We are using a TA this year for the first time. Our fall break is switching to Columbus week this year, and this agency had blocks of rooms available at all the different resort levels. We are booked at Sports for 8 nights with 8 day hoppers (plus a bonus water park entry) and saved $491 of the rack rate of a comparable package (not including the WP entry). It is not a true package, though. It is a room reservation and convention tickets. We needed to know the exact number of days and options we wanted on the tickets because only the TA can change them. This means we get none of the package extras, such as the souvenir tags or voucher booklet, but the water park tickets work better for us anyway. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter