Can tickets be upgraded to AP?

VLee

DIS Veteran
I had purchased 4 tickets (a few years ago) that have not been activated. I believe they were for unlimited visits during a 7 day period. I paid $99 each for them.
We are planning to use them this summer. Can they be upgraded to an annual pass (since we will be returning once or twice to Orlando during the year)?
And if so, do they give credit for the current price or do I pay the difference in the cost of an AP less the $99?

Yes, they can as long as the tickets are just for Universal and not Wet 'n Wild or any other parks other than Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.

Just take your tickets to guest services and you will pay the difference between what you paid and the annual pass price. Unfortunately, that's the way it always works at Universal.

It's also worth noting that the $99 7 day unlimited tickets are no longer offered at Universal (since Harry Potter Opened). While the ticket can still be used, Universal no longer offers anything like it. (I want to say either a 4 or 5 day is the longest length ticket you can still get).

So, with no sort of price bridging between the $99 you paid and a potential higher value towards the AP, It might be worth considering doing your AP purchases outright and saving the $99 tickets for a future trip.

Only you know your plans and how often you think you might make trips down to the Orlando area... but if this year you are thinking the AP's would be worthwhile, but say next year or the year after you won't have a a reason to get the AP, Those $99 tickets could come in handy. (already the $99 is almost a 1 day 1 park ticket, and add in a couple years price increases, Plus Transformers, Harry Potter Phase 2, and all the other rumored expansions, and having a multiday ticket that costs almost the same as a current 1 day ticket could be a MAJOR $$$ saver.)

Thanks for your input. I was really wondering. As the kids are getting older, they will probably enjoy US more. For some reason, they are not into Harry Potter though, but would definitely enjoy Transformers.

Thanks for your input. I was really wondering. As the kids are getting older, they will probably enjoy US more. For some reason, they are not into Harry Potter though, but would definitely enjoy Transformers.

Even though they don't like HP, they probably still really like the ride. It is a lot of fun with dragons and dementors (scary guys) and giant spiders and basilisk skeletons. Great fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter