Can this be true?

PrincessDez

Mouseketeer

I need your help, please! :confused3 I keep adding this up in my head and it seems to me I am getting too good of a deal. Can you please look at it and tell me if I am right?
The facts:
We are going to Disney Boardwalk Villas for 3 days/2 nights at the end of April. I have the following ADR's (average prices):
Sunday:
Cape May Cafe (36.99a/15.99c)
Monday:
Ohana's Breakfast (24.99/13.99)
100 Park Fare dinner buffet (35.99a/17.99c)
Tuesday:
Akershus Princess Buffet (28.99a/17.99c)
Teppan Edo dinner (35ish adult/20ish child)

Sooooo, here is where I get confused.:confused3 If I add this all up, it works out to be $161.96 total adult and $85.96 child. Disney Deluxe Dining Plan would cost us $157.98 adult and $43.98 for the child. It looks like before I even add in the remainder meal, 2 snacks and the refillable mug, the dining plan has more than paid for itself. Is this accurate? Is it possible? Can you guys look it over and let me know if I have me facts right? I'd really appreciate it! :worship:

Yes. You are using 5 out of 6 credits for Table service so you'd still be able to throw in a CS meal in there if you wish (or grab Earl of Sandwich for the trip home) and 4 snacks per person.

1 adult, 1 child right? Looks good to me! (If I've done my math correctly this time - wry grin)

Your meals add up to $247.92 for the two of you, before the mugs, snacks & last meal.

The DDxP adds up to $201.96 for the two of you.

By the time you add the mugs ($29.80), snacks ($31.92 at $3.99 each) = $263.68. Then you still have your last meal to add in!

Don't forget the DDP includes the taxes but not the tip.

Oh and those prices you totaled don't include tax, but its included with the dining plan cost.

It looks accurate, but you're going to be miserable with 4 buffets and 2 other meals in 3 days. Unless you have more self-control at buffets than I do.

If you didn't have the dining plan, would you eat at all of those places?

Looks right- the dining plans really are a steal. Would never go without a dining plan. I agree that it sounds like a lot of buffets though- a lot of food, and very time consuming, especially for a short trip. But at that time of year, best way to see the characters.

It looks accurate, but you're going to be miserable with 4 buffets and 2 other meals in 3 days. Unless you have more self-control at buffets than I do.

If you didn't have the dining plan, would you eat at all of those places?

I knew I could count on you guys! Thanks! :worship::worship::worship:
I do agree it is a lot of buffets for 3 days, but it is all about the characters. I thought we could combine the characters with our food to avoid the hour long waits to see the princess' at the parks. I also thought the buffets would be fastest in terms of food. We can eat as fast or as slow as we want. :lmao: Although now you have me re-thinking the amount of meals. :rolleyes1
We will be there Wednesday as well, but change resorts for one night so we do not plan any big meals that day.
One more question: Re-thinking Cape May Cafe.........any suggestions? We fly into MCO at 5:25 and are staying at BWV. Is there a place for a good meal without a lot of travel? We will not have a park ticket that day either.

Since you mentioned princesses...if you are doing the deluxe, maybe a trip to Cinderella's Castle? It's two credits, but like us we'll have enough credits to not be concerned about that and are taking our 5 & 8 year old daughters. Just an idea - have a great time!

I also thought the buffets would be fastest in terms of food.
Pretty much all table service is slow (although some is slower than others). The buffets are a bit faster once you're seated, but most places (especially Akershus) seem to have pretty long waits to get seated.

Gotta agree with the CRT suggestion - one other benefit is that you get a picture (like at Akershus).

Our princess loves all three of the princess meals (CRT, 1900 Park Fare and Akershus).

If you're staying at BWV, Cape May is a decent choice as you can just walk over there. Might also want to watch Illuminations from the bridge (since you won't be going to the park).

Since you mentioned princesses...if you are doing the deluxe, maybe a trip to Cinderella's Castle? It's two credits, but like us we'll have enough credits to not be concerned about that and are taking our 5 & 8 year old daughters. Just an idea - have a great time!

I WISH I could get us into Cinderella's Royal Table, but no luck. I've tried.........:sad2:
Thanks again for everyone's advice! I've added the dining plan and am feeling much better about the ADR's I have scheduled. :flower3:

I wouldn't give up - these things seem to be very fluid. Good luck!

I figured I would try every day until we leave. I really want to eat in the castle too. :thumbsup2
Btw, when does your son march at MK? My son did it last year and it was such a great experience! Enjoy and take lots of video! I highly suggest getting the Disney Photo Pass CD! You can have all of the kids Photo Passes transferred to the one they do of your school marching. Then if you buy the CD, it includes the rights to make copies. We (the band boosters) bought the full CD and sold copies for $10 each to each kid.

You are the first person who has had a kid do this and has had any info! I will have to look at the photopass CD. We do have a photographer for the band and they normally sell a CD for each season - so they may already have this in their plans. My son is a freshman, so this is all new to us.

They are performing on Saturday 4/15 at the beginning of the electric parade in MK (around 8:30). I am wondering if the whole castle thing will work out for us too...I made reservations for 7 p.m. for the same night - not sure that's going to be enough time. But, there weren't a lot of time choices even a couple of months ago. Still trying to decide, balancing the desires of the little sisters and seeing our son perform is a little bit of a challenge. We may still do it and rush out if we have to.

Thanks so much for the info and hope the reservation system will magically find you an opening!

If you're looking at it from a "cost" basis, a DxDP adult meal credit costs about $26 if you place no value on snacks or the resort mug, a child credit likewise costs about $7. As long as you're averaging more than that in usage, you're going to save money.

If you place any value at all on the snacks, the average meal credit cost goes down by 2/3 of whatever you value a snack.

You are the first person who has had a kid do this and has had any info! I will have to look at the photopass CD. We do have a photographer for the band and they normally sell a CD for each season - so they may already have this in their plans. My son is a freshman, so this is all new to us.

They are performing on Saturday 4/15 at the beginning of the electric parade in MK (around 8:30). I am wondering if the whole castle thing will work out for us too...I made reservations for 7 p.m. for the same night - not sure that's going to be enough time. But, there weren't a lot of time choices even a couple of months ago. Still trying to decide, balancing the desires of the little sisters and seeing our son perform is a little bit of a challenge. We may still do it and rush out if we have to.

Thanks so much for the info and hope the reservation system will magically find you an opening!

As long as CRT gets you in on time you should be okay. Let them know right away about your time concerns.
If you have any questions about how it all works while you are there with the band, please feel free to let me know. We also have an 'official photographer'. He got some great shots as well, but nothing like the photopass guy! Make sure your trip coordinator or band director ask about it. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have, just PM me anytime. Have fun! Wish I was there a week early to see him!
Btw, what instrument does he play?

One more question: Re-thinking Cape May Cafe.........any suggestions? We fly into MCO at 5:25 and are staying at BWV. Is there a place for a good meal without a lot of travel? We will not have a park ticket that day either.

you probably know this...but there are many restaurants right in that BW area. Big River Grill is good, so is ESPN...though I guess both are a little bit of a bar atmosphere. There is also Beaches and Cream...but it can be crowded, and then there are the 2 credit places...FLying Fish (very close to BWV) and Yachtsman (as far as Cape May) but those are fancy. A short (like, closer than Cape May probably) stroll over to the Swan opens up all the places in there.....but those aren't on the DxDP. Oh and Kouzzina....the greek place owned by Cat Cora....that's right by the BWV also.

I guess this wasn't all that helpful. :confused3

Thank you! We have a mandatory meeting in a week, so I will see what their plans are. So far it's all been all instruction has been "send money by the 7th". :lmao: No idea where they are staying, when their plane leaves, how they intend to handle 100 teenagers, etc. We are not chaperoning - focusing on daughters during the days he'll be with them. He plays alto sax, and bass guitar - but is begging to learn soprano sax over the summer, along with wanting an alto Jupiter or some other expensive alto, jeesh. Expensive habit!

I may get the photopass CD anyway - since we are going all out with all the princess stuff while he's busy with the band. I will have to stick with the CRT, I know we won't do it when he's with us or if we were not using the DLXDP - once in a little girl's lifetime for ours, most likely!

Hopefully you all can get a reservation for your little girl too - thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter