? can this be done?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by prune1977, Jul 29, 2013.

  1. prune1977

    prune1977 Mouseketeer

    Oct 15, 2010
    I don't know that I want to do this but i'm curious if it can even be done. Right now we're booked BC for Sept. Well if I change to a moderate it will save quite a bit of $$$$. The trip is already paid for. If I call and ask to switch to say POR; could i put the difference toward a future trip? :confused3
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

    to hide this advert.
  3. winterwhite

    winterwhite Mouseketeer

    Jul 26, 2013
    I imagine they'd refund you with your method of payment, but you could possibly request it on a disney gift card if it were that important to you.

    Myself I'd rather get the credit back unless it would seriously mess me up (ie I paid off the card and a $1000+ refund would go on it.) If you overpay on a credit card because you got a refund, call the company customer service and ask for a check for the overpayment.
  4. Missytara

    Missytara I'm all ears!

    Apr 3, 2009
    The refund will go back to whatever method of payment was made.

    Disney is not a bank. Even if you used it for a subsequent trip, you have to set up a new ressie and leave the required deposit or use the difference to pay how much ever you want to put on the trip.
  5. aaarcher86

    aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

    Feb 17, 2010
    The only way would be to book the future trip (would have to be 2014 and the same type of res, pkg/pkg or ro/ro) and have them apply the overage to the new booking.

    It isn't really economical. I'd just have them refund it.
  6. tiger4me2

    tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

    Jan 9, 2008
    Disney now refund your money back to whatever credit charge you used even if you have another trip planned. Easier for Disney to refund it than to deal with the paper work. MHO
  7. Mousemommy1

    Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

    Dec 6, 2010
    I will be the voice of dissent and say that yes, you could book another trip and have the difference applied to that new reservation.

    I know this because I've done it before....the last time being last week. :goodvibes

    It can be done, but you actually have to book a new trip and have the reservation in the system....the money can't just hang out in la-la land...

Share This Page