• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

can this be done on ebay?

MIannie

Mouseketeer
There is a 100 point SSR contract for sale on ebay. Current winning bid is $3500.00. Can it be legally sold this way? Why would someone sell it this way?

Yes, resale is resale. It would still have to go through DVC's ROFR process. My only worry would be dealing with a broker who doesn't normally do DVC resales which could mean for a long and frustrating process. I have bought 2 non-DVC timeshares on eBay without issue however.

It is likely these are in a BK situation, they have to be liquidated immed. and they cannot wait say 2-3 months for a prop to be listed for sale.

Dis could ROFR, like with any (prolly won't but could).

Unless you are in a super rush, when time is huge.. (and contract meets goals) .. Someone should get a good deal!

Yes a few weeks back a BLT contract sold on e-bay for 66.74pp. Not sure it will make it through ROFR and if it was my (one of my UY's) I would have considered going for it.

Thank you for your responses. I am the highest bidder at this point, but I expect to be out bid at the last minute this evening. If I was to win it would be a half price sale.:cool1: My husband doesn't suffer with the same addonitis that I have.

I think it is a given that DVC would exercise FROR if the price stays at $35.00 per point.

Thank you for your responses. I am the highest bidder at this point, but I expect to be out bid at the last minute this evening. If I was to win it would be a half price sale.:cool1: My husband doesn't suffer with the same addonitis that I have.
You must be biting your nails right about now. Looks like the current bid is right at your max bid.

Well, I won the auction with a $5,300,00 bid,so now we will see if DVC will pass on it. I'll keep you posted

Oh, speaking of low resale prices - there is a 300 pt contract on redweek.com for HH 300 pts for $0.22 a pt - $65 total. Assuming it's a typo, but it caught my eye. And yes I know it would never pass ROFR - if I thought it would I would jump at it!:goodvibes

There is a 100 point SSR contract for sale on ebay. Current winning bid is $3500.00. Can it be legally sold this way? Why would someone sell it this way?

I think you answered your own questions here! You are paying 53.00 pp plus closing and no points until 2012, the seller did better selling this way then if they sold through a resale company since the listing agent would get 10% commission plus competition of people selling loaded contracts.

Congratulations!:banana:

Congrats on getting it. I actually found it yesterday on eBay to watch it.

Looks like you got a good deal, and it also seems that the seller found a way to unload his contract quickly. Everyone wins.

I hope you pass ROFR. I expect that you will at $53. If you had won at $35 I wouldn't be so certain. Let us know when you pass.

[/B]

I think you answered your own questions here! You are paying 53.00 pp plus closing and no points until 2012, the seller did better selling this way then if they sold through a resale company since the listing agent would get 10% commission plus competition of people selling loaded contracts.

Congratulations!:banana:
I find that Ebay..with all the fees for final value, Paypal, etc, runs about 12-15. Still, sounds like both parties will be happy with this and best of luck with the whole process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter