Can someone tell me what "BUMP" means?

skw2020

Mouseketeer
Can someone please tell me what "BUMP" means on the boards? I'm a newbie and haven't figured that out yet. I figured out what "subscribing" means. Is there a place to get this info?
:confused3

bump is just to move your thread back to the top. When people stop responding to your post it goes further down the list and is harder to find.

Posts are listed in order of when the last person posted on them. If no one posts on a thread then it drops down the page and eventually off of the first page, often never to be heard from again. On this board is isn't as big of a deal but on some of the fast moving boards a thread can be lost to the 2nd or 3rd page in a matter just minutes if no one posts on it. So often the original poster or someone else will post "BUMP" just to push it back to the top of the first page so it will be noticed by people scanning the boards an hopefully get a question answered or a story read.

Does that make sense?

Posts are listed in order of when the last person posted on them. If no one posts on a thread then it drops down the page and eventually off of the first page, often never to be heard from again. On this board is isn't as big of a deal but on some of the fast moving boards a thread can be lost to the 2nd or 3rd page in a matter just minutes if no one posts on it. So often the original poster or someone else will post "BUMP" just to push it back to the top of the first page so it will be noticed by people scanning the boards an hopefully get a question answered or a story read.

Does that make sense?

Yes, thanks very much, lovetoscrap! Are you a fellow scrapbooker? Hee-hee!:flower3:

Yes, thanks very much, lovetoscrap! Are you a fellow scrapbooker? Hee-hee!:flower3:

Actually I am a scrapbook collector. ;) I even had to stop doing that a year or so ago when my collection took over and I vowed to not buy anything else until I used some of what I had. One of these days I will find the time.

Back on topic!

BUMP! :teeth:

Can someone please tell me what "BUMP" means on the boards? I'm a newbie and haven't figured that out yet. I figured out what "subscribing" means. Is there a place to get this info?
:confused3

Bringing Up My Post

Bringing Up My Post

HEY! I didn't know that! I have been on forums for years and have always seen and used BUMP but never seen that acronym. Learn something new every day! :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter