Can someone tell me about Dining With Shamu?

We did it in San Diego and loooooooooved it!! Try and book as early as possible to get a table by the edge of the pool. I'm not sure how it is set up in Orlando, but for us a killer whale came right up to our table. Just out of our reach and we were completely surprised. I wish I could have gotten my kids expressions on camera. One minute eating a french fry, the next minute staring into the face of Shamu. I personally thought it was worth it, but others may not think so. It depends on how much you are into being up close with killer whales. Have fun on your trip and say hello to Shamu for me!

I've seen it in Orlando and it's soooo good. You sit close to the water and the trainers tell a lot about what it's like to work with killer whales and do a show like Believe. And then they make the whale do tricks....
The food is really nice as well...
You should go for it!
Here is a pic from when I went
120047florida_besk_ret_017.jpg

I've seen it in Orlando and it's soooo good. You sit close to the water and the trainers tell a lot about what it's like to work with killer whales and do a show like Believe. And then they make the whale do tricks....
The food is really nice as well...
You should go for it!
Here is a pic from when I went
120047florida_besk_ret_017.jpg

Is that taken from your table?

I've heard mixed reviews but am doing it with my kids in July...people say it's expensive, but the price actually is not more much than the three of us eating at one of the nicer Disney table service restaurants.

I just booked this for August, looking forward to dining with Shamu, thanks for that great photo :)

We did it 2 years ago and LOVED it! We are planning a trip to Orlando next May and we will be dining with Shamu again. :banana: The food is buffet style and there's something for everyone but the real reason everyone was there was to be close to the whales...and close you will be. Your gonna have a blast.

I was reading the description on the Sea World website and it says to be there 15 minutes before the believe show. Do you get to see the show as well or are you behind the scenes and miss out on it?

I spoke to the people at Sea World today and they told me that you do not get special seating for the show of Believe. You are actually having your meal behind the scenes when the show is not being performed and then you are released out of the meal with plenty of time to get into the show. We were kind of disappointed but still decided to do this.

We just did this on Memorial Day, and were a little disappointed. The food was good, our table location was not. We were not poolside, but in the next row. I made the reservations about 2 months in advance. I'm not sure how you get the poolside tables, as the tables are pre-assigned. Shamu just swam by the entire time. There were no tricks performed that I can recall. In order to get pictures without other people's heads in the way, I had to stand up. The trainers came around to each table and answered any questions that we had. It was okay, but I would probably not do it again.

I'm not sure how you get the poolside tables, as the tables are re-assigned.

My understanding (I think it was on the reservation page) is that tables are assigned in order of earliest reservation to last, with poolside tables being given out first.

we made reservation on the same day and didn't get poolside seats, but we were sitting in the middle and had no problem with the wiew or to get good pictures.
You can't see the stadium from that pool so you wouldn't get anything out of watching Believe from there.

We just did this on Memorial Day, and were a little disappointed. The food was good, our table location was not. We were not poolside, but in the next row. I made the reservations about 2 months in advance. I'm not sure how you get the poolside tables, as the tables are pre-assigned. Shamu just swam by the entire time. There were no tricks performed that I can recall. In order to get pictures without other people's heads in the way, I had to stand up. The trainers came around to each table and answered any questions that we had. It was okay, but I would probably not do it again.

We also did this and was disappointed with it. The food was good, but the "show" with the whale was very short. I don't recall how long it was exactly, but I think DS4 and DH only saw about 5 minutes before our son had to go to the boy's room. They were there for about 10 minutes and by the time they had gotten out, it was over. DS was very upset at that.

Definately not worth it. But to each's own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter