Can someone school me on a split stay?

OLIVIA'S DADDY

Mouseketeer
HI,
THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME TRYING A SPLIT STAY.WE WERE PLANNING TO STAY AT AoA MAY18-27, BUT AFTER HEARING BAD REVIEWSWE HAVE DECIDED TO STAY THERE 4 NIGHTS AND THEN SWITCH OVER TO THE CONTEMPORARY FOR THE OTHER 5 NIGHTS. IS THERE ANYTHING WE SHOULD KNOW OR DO THAT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY? NORMALLY WE WOULD JUST STAY AT THE CONTEMPORARY ANYWAY BUT IT IS MY DAUGHTERS SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PRESENT AND SHE SAW THE LITTLE MERMAID ROOMS AND CAN'T WAIT TO STAY THERE. I WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ITS GOING TO BE A DIFFICULT TRANSITION OR DOES IT JUST GO SMOOTHLY? USUALLY CHECK-IN TAKES US 15 MINUTES AT THE MOST SO IM HOPING ITS NOT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE, JUST CHECK OUT OF ONE AND INTO THE OTHER. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT, THANKS

When we do split stays, it's my pref. to check out of first resort early, and get taxi for us and our luggage over to new resort, and do early check in. Room might not be ready, but Bell Service will store luggage. Then go to a park, can be there at rope drop. They will text you when your room is ready.

But, if you want, Disney will transfer your luggage free. You just phone Bell service, not sure how they do it at AoA, but my experience is Bell Service will come to your room and pick up your luggage, and have it transferred to your new resort. It should arrive mid afternoonish. 3:00? Then you just go to a park, and when you're ready take the park bus/monrail or whatever to your new resort and check in.

When we do split stays, it's my pref. to check out of first resort early, and get taxi for us and our luggage over to new resort, and do early check in. Room might not be ready, but Bell Service will store luggage. Then go to a park, can be there at rope drop. They will text you when your room is ready.

But, if you want, Disney will transfer your luggage free. You just phone Bell service, not sure how they do it at AoA, but my experience is Bell Service will come to your room and pick up your luggage, and have it transferred to your new resort. It should arrive mid afternoonish. 3:00? Then you just go to a park, and when you're ready take the park bus/monrail or whatever to your new resort and check in.

We had a rental car when we did a split stay, but either one of these ways will work just as easy :thumbsup2.

We have done a couple split stays and Disney transferring our luggage has always been a smooth process! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter