Can someone please explain the Early Entry and Late Opening for resort guests?

WDW2000

DIS Veteran<br><font color=FF6600>The TF is an equ
I'm really confused about how the late opening works specifically. In the past you had to pay extra and buy a wrist band and I believe only the MK offered this. Now I see all the parks have certain days that they are open late. Is this an extra fee? Everything I read seems to suggest that it is a free perk for being a resort guest, but then they talk about having to secure a wrist band? Someone please explain!! It's been over a year since I've been to WDW and I feel like I'm out-of-the-loop.

BTW, I have the Magic your Way passes w/park hopper staying at the POLY.

Basically, about two hours before the park is scheduled to close, they begin to hand out the EMH wristbands free of charge to resort guests. You must wait on a line, show your KTTK, and recieve a wristband that allows you to stay in the parks for the EMH. For morning EMH you don't need a wristband, you just show up at 8:00 am.

Can you tell me what a KTTK is? We are staying at the French Qtr, we will have a nephew who is going to spend a day with us - not an official resort guest (we are going to rent a rollaway for him that night) and want him to be able to use the EMH morn and eve with us? Can we swing it? He is using a Florida resident ticket..... I know it is crazy. Can it be done?

Pls keep in mind that even though you have EE, it may not be the best day to visit the assigned park. pls consult with the rest of the folks here regarding the best days to go.

Good Luck!

Foobs :cool1:

Pls keep in mind that even though you have EE, it may not be the best day to visit the assigned park. pls consult with the rest of the folks here regarding the best days to go.

Good Luck!

Foobs :cool1:

Dang...I thought I was finally up on all the WDW abbreviations but You threw me with EE. I know I should know this one too! I though EE was Expedition Everest?

Thanks Bob P. for the link, I had wondered how we would know when to get to a park for the morning EMH, so that info was helpful. There is one day my DD & I are going to MGM for EMH to get our 2 rides out of the way (ToT & RnR) and then hop over to Epcot to meet my mom & DS.

Do you think we can get on both those rides 2 times each in an hour? or are the lines during EMH almost as long as without EMH.

Can you tell me what a KTTK is? We are staying at the French Qtr, we will have a nephew who is going to spend a day with us - not an official resort guest (we are going to rent a rollaway for him that night) and want him to be able to use the EMH morn and eve with us? Can we swing it? He is using a Florida resident ticket..... I know it is crazy. Can it be done?

KTTK is also known as KTTW (Key to the World). It's basically your room key.

And I don't want to start an occupancy thread battle, but just to let you know what I found out about FQ. The occupancy limit there is 4 guests. And I was told that they really discourage roll aways. I was booked there for free dining (for a party of 4). My DD15 doesn't like to share a bed, so I was going to ask for a rollaway. I called the actual resort to discuss this, after some info on the boards. The front desk told me, 1) they don't have very many rollaways available, and 2) they charge $15 per day for them, and 3) the room limit is 4, even if you have a rollaway.

So if you already have 4 in your room, you will only get 4 room keys. Therefore, only 4 of you can take advantage of the extra magic hours (EMH).

And just to clear up a little of your confusion, you were thinking of the old E-ticket nights. They were only in MK, and you had to pay for them. There was a time when the only extra hours for resorts was in the morning, and it was known as EE (Early Entry). For a while, they overlapped evening EMH and E-ticket nights. Disney definitely likes to try different options, so just when you think you've got it down, the options change!

Have a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter