• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can someone please explain the categories to me...

Madisonave225

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I just booked our Disney Cruise at Disney Cruises and I booked a Delux Ocean room and when I went back to look at our reservation it said it was a Cat 9. What does this mean?
Can someone explain all the categories to me, just in case I want to upgrade, or is this one fine?
Thanks,
Amy

I know you feel. Just booked our first cruise ever on Monday.

Here's a breakdown of the rooms. I found it very helpful. Then you can also look at the stateroom reports. That was fun

Ok apparently since I'm to new I can't post links. LOL If you look up top on this page you'll see Staterooms. Click on that and you'll find the answers :)

We had a category 9 last October. It was great. It was on deck 2 and had a large porthole. I'd pick that category again. The only reason I'd suggest changing is if you want a balcony. I'd rather save the money and cruise more often.

Thanks so much,

Okay I feel better. I thought we would have some terrible room, but it sounds fantastic and I would rather save my money then upgrade...for the next trip!

Thanks,
Amy

Maybe this will help you fell a little better as well, cat 10-cat 5's have the same interior square footage. It is all about location and no window, window, or verandah. We have a cat 10 this time and will fondly remember our time in a cat 4 but we are just happy to be going again. Prices have just risen until we have been sent back to the bowels of the ship ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter