Can someone please answer some questions about Foodstamps for me?

I'm a really good couponer so I've got her covered until the Foodstamps come in. She's not going hungry now...that stopped as soon as I found out what was going on. I donate a lot of my free-after-coupon stuff to the foodbank, so I figure that this is just cutting out the middleman.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

It's nice to read about someone taking a real step to help someone else.

(And I'm not sure why this thread now seems to be about substitute teacher requirements in different states....:rolleyes1)

Here in Ohio (public schools, at least) you have to have a bachelor's degree in ANYTHING to substitute teach. And pay $90 or so for a subbing license -- you have to pass a background check in order to get that. Long-term subs (subs for longer than one or two weeks, though I forget the exact number of days) are required to be licensed teachers.

It's what all of us Ohioans with useless education degrees do these days. :rolleyes: :(

Was just getting ready to post this. It is a sad state of affairs in OH with so many grads with ed degrees who spend years substituting only to go on to do something else totally unrelated. Don't know that I would recommend anybody becoming a teacher in Ohio. Even to be a teachers aide you need to go through a process and pay for a permit and they prefer degreed applicants.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

It's nice to read about someone taking a real step to help someone else.

(And I'm not sure why this thread now seems to be about substitute teacher requirements in different states....:rolleyes1)

Absolutely! What wonderful news. Wouldn't life be great if we helped just one person like you are dong! Kudos.

Also, what about unemployment? If hours are reduced and she is able and available for work, she would qualify (assuming this is preschool/daycare setting). I spend hours each week filling out forms for people with reduced hours.

She tried to file for unemployment and was unsuccessful :( I think that this is why she assumed that she wouldn't qualify for any forms of assistance like Foodstamps.

She tried to file for unemployment and was unsuccessful :( I think that this is why she assumed that she wouldn't qualify for any forms of assistance like Foodstamps.

Those are two totally different programs with two totally different sets of requirements. I don't think she should assume she isn't eligible. It never hurts to try.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter