Can someone like me do this?

Sparkle010

Earning My Ears
I have always want to do the cp ever since midlle school but now that Im finally eligible I feel I still am not due to my personality.I am very shy and somewhat of an introvert and I dont think they are looking for people like me. I am very friendly and love to joke around but I still think they wouldnt want me.This has been a dream for me for so long that I don't want to loose it b/c of my personality but I also don't want to try to become someone I'm not.

I would like to do the program either next fall or fall of '12 and I'm thinking maybe that will give me enough time to overcome this and if not that this job will help me overcome because I might have to interact with people more than I do now.

So should I just wait until I overcome the shyness or just not even worry about doing this?

I say go for it! The program isn't only for extroverted outgoing people, its for everyone. If your enthusiastic it doesn't matter if your shy, your enthusiasm and excitement is going to shine through. And your right, the program may change you and make you a bit more outgoing. I think for most people it does change them in some ways. I say don't give up on your dream. Just because your shy doesn't mean they wont accept you. :)

Oh! and I don't think you have to wait till you "overcome" your shyness. You should apply whenever is best for you no matter if you have overcome your shyness or not.

DEFINITELY go for it. You'll regret it if you don't. I haven't done it yet but I'm probably gonna apply for Fall 2011. I'm a little shy as well, and I'm actually hoping that the CP will help me come out of my shell a bit.

As long as you sound excited to do the program during your phone interview, there shouldn't be a reason they wouldn't want someone like you!

I agree with Frizzbird. As long as you're excited about the program and open with the fact that this is what you truly want to do, fulfill the requirements, and answer the web and phone interview questions well everything should be fine. APPLY because the worst they can do is say no, and you definitely won't get in if you don't apply just because you were worrying yourself over something that most likely won't make that much of a difference. Not every role available requires guest interaction so shy vs. outgoing really doesn't matter that much. There are several off stage roles available including (but not limited to) costuming, housekeeping and some QSFB. Off stage roles have little to no guest interaction if that's what you're stressing about. :hippie:

I'm the same. I'm very introverted and a tad bit shy. Not antisocial or anything but I am very quiet. I have a small group of friends and I've always been the one who is more of a listener. I still applied because I want to be more outgoing and I don't let being an introvert stop me from doing anything. As long as you're positive and smile, you will do great.
Do not wait to do the CP as being in the program can end up being what will bring you out of your shell. You'll have roommates and lots of social events you can go to. I'm a little scared of the large amount of social interaction because I'm not used to it but what I've been doing is everywhere I go now, I strike up a conversation with a stranger no matter how awkward it feels. Try it. Every time you do it you'll get a little more comfortable and by the time you start, you'll be a pro. :)

I was extremely shy when I did my first CP. The CP isn't just for outgoing people (so if you really want to do it, I say go for it).

I, as well, can attest that you can do it. I am a shy person, but I feel my confidence is what got me into the CP. All you have to do is believe in yourself

Defiantly go for it!!!! they can't turn you down just cuz you're shy, it's not like being shy is uncommon, and you'll learn to come out of your shell. I think it would be a great experience!!!

If you would really like to partake in a Disney Internships and Programs experience, I don't see why shyness would be a factor.

Much of the Legendary Guest Service that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is known for is a result of a very extensive and renown training programme. Even if you don't think you could be a good Cast Member, the resources do exist to mould you into one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter