Can someone help me choose between these resorts?!

Cando86

DIS Veteran
I am having a heck of a time trying to choose which resort to rent DVC points through. We realized we could add a day to our trip and instead of adding on a day to All-Star Sports where we are staying for the duration of our trip, we decided to go the DVC rental route for just that first night to get a taste!

I REALLY wanted a Savannah view Studio at AKL but they are out of them for the night we are looking to go. So now I'm trying to decide between the following:

AKL Standard Studio
BLT Standard Studio
Beach Club Villas Studio
Boardwalk Standard Studio
Boardwalk Preferred Studio (what exactly is preferred? Would we get a room overlooking the Boardwalk?)
Wilderness Lodge Studio

I'll mention that we'd be getting in around 4:30 or 5pm and would spend the entire evening and next day at the resort to get the full experience. We'd like to spend the next day after we check-in and before we check-in to ASSp at the pool so a good pool area is crucial (which I know they all have, but which would you prefer?)

Sorry if that's a lot of information - I'm REALLY excited about the prospect of staying at a Deluxe resort even if it's just for one night and want to make sure I'm making the best decision!

THANK YOU!

If you want AKV, book at AKV. Did you check Jambo and Kidani availability?

:earsboy: Bill

It's exceeding unlikely that there would be a BLT and BWV standard studio (which both sell out 11 months in advance), but no AKV savanna view, which are generally available up to a month out. You need to double check what you can actually book. The Disney website does not show member availability.

Boardwalk "preferred" is actually two separate booking categories, pool/garden and boardwalk view. You'd get whichever you specifically booked.

If you are looking for a nice pool I would go with the following order, especially if you don't want to go to any parks:
Beach Club - Hands down the best pool, boardwalk area is fun
AKV Kidani - Pretty cool pool, amazing resort theming, especially if you wander over to Jambo House
Saratoga Springs Resort - Although this resort did not make your list, it has 2 great feature pools, the Paddock is my favorite, and if you aren't looking to go to any parks, it's walking proximity to downtown disney could be nice.

I agree on the AKV savanna view not being available when all those other small categories are. How are Getting the info of what's available on points?

When you are going could be important but if you wanted AKV as a first choice I'd still select that. There are lots of opportunities at the resort to watch the animals. We really like the pool at Jambo - might be our favorite at WDW. Kidani has a very nice pool too.

Can I just mention that if you'd prefer a Savannah view id book AKL. I have heard that with the standard view you might be Lucky enough to get a 'poor' view of a Savannah when you choose a standard view.
Also, there is plenty of opportunity to see the animals there anyway and I have heard the pool is amazing! (Didn't manage to get to the pool on our last trip, but fully intend to go there next week on our next trip!)

Well it looks like a lot of what I was hoping for ISN'T available like a lot of you said! It sounds like our only option, cost-wise, is a standard studio at AKL. Will it still be worth it if we don't have a savannah view?

We stayed there for a night as part of a triple split stay (long story) a few weks ago in a standard studio. We enjoyed it (our kids did more so than us) and there are MANY places to go see the animals within a short walking distance. Food options were great as well. That being said, if you are not visiting any parks, I would go for it.

Last edited:
Well it looks like a lot of what I was hoping for ISN'T available like a lot of you said! It sounds like our only option, cost-wise, is a standard studio at AKL. Will it still be worth it if we don't have a savannah view?

Yes, IMO. There are lots of good viewing locations scattered throughout the resort. And you said that you wanted to spend a lot of time at the pool. :) Both Jambo and Kidani have nice feature pools.

Book AKV Jambo Standard Studio and have the owner request partial savanna view. I haven't stayed in one of those, but I have stayed in a value studio and a value 2 BR with a pool view which was amazing. I actually enjoyed it as much as the savanna view we did one time. If you don't get the savanna view with the standard, you will definitely get a pool view. And they have a great pool!

Go for it!!! I prefer Jambo over Kidani. Pool is amazing entire resort is breathtaking!!

Absolutely, still worth it! AKL is amazing! Especially great for your plans of staying at the resort for the day. There are viewing areas everywhere, so the room view really doesn't matter. The pools are incredible. There are several restaurants and a food court. Jambo is much larger, busier atmosphere. Both sides have restaurants, lounges and pools. Only Jambo has a food court, quick service option. There is a shuttle can that goes back and forth between the two sides constantly, so you can easily check them both out. P.S. - on your first night be sure to check out the night vision goggles for the animal viewing! There are indoor and outdoor fires, with story telling in the evenings, also. I hope you pick AKL! I think you will be happy with your choice,

IMO my DW does not like AKL, but loves BC. I like both for different reasons. The BC as others have said is great for the boardwalk at night and wonderful pool. It again IMO has more kids, but its Disney. AKL has for me the atmosphere and very unique restaurants that you cant get elsewhere. Where ever you choose will be great. But check with whoever your renting from about availability.
You never mentioned time of year your looking at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter