Can someone help..lost disney money jar due to house fire.

disneydad78

DIS Veteran
Hey guys on April 30th we lost everything to a kitchen fire. We are OK , the fire marshall said the ion intop the microwave went bad and caused the fire. We where watching a disney movie, popping popcorn. The microwave was a built in , everything went up fast. I got everyone out of the house and we are now living with my mom.

To make a long story short , we had a large pickel jar that we would save money in ,decorated with pictures ,cut out of park maps , cut ride pictures from those, from all the parks, etc.

Out of all the stuff that got burned , my 6 year old son was upset about his Disney money jar being burnt. He cries now he doesnt get to go to disney world. My wife and I assured him everything will be OK and we can make another one. He got alittle upset about the mickey mouse ears, different hats we have collected,the disney pins, (O that was a bad one), but his money jar was his "ticket" to going back to wdw. He has gotten alot better , but when he sees, "its going to be a good life" wdw commerical, well , he starts asking, gets upset.

Can I ask for a favor from anyone that may be going to wdw in the near future. Can someone mail me a collection of park maps that we can use to create a new Disney jar. I know disney will send you custom maps, but we used the offical park maps the ones you get when u walk into the park. We grabbed a handfull, 2-3 each park , etc and covered the jar. It would mean so much to us and I promise to send pixie dust your way. pixiedust::flower3:
I you can , can you PM me and Ill send you our address.

If you have any ideas, or pics of your disney jar can you share.

Thanks
Disneydad78

Pm me an address. I have extras from December 2011

I may have some, I will have to look in my scrapbook material. PM me your address I am almost positive I have them laying around! Glad to hear that you are all safe! Possessions can always be replaced.

I'm headed to DLR on the back stage magic tour, would you like a map from Carsland
? I won't be back until August. PM me your address if you want it.

Kim

We are going in August --which is a long way off (actually 70 days!!!!!) but if there is anything you need let me know and we can grab it and ship it to you -- gotta make this magical for your son again!!

pixiedust:

We're heading down to the World on Sunday. Just say the word if you haven't already found someone to grab maps for you. We'd be glad to help bring back a bit of the magic. :) Take good care!

PM me your addy. I have lots of stuff I can send. Grabbed a whole handful of MK maps back in Feb before Storybook zcircus opened. I have ome other treasures I can send as well.

Glad to hear you are all OK.

My first thought was thank goodness you are all OK. Also I am glad you felt compelled to share your story with all of us.

It must be heartbreaking for your son. Can you send me a PM with your son's name and his favorite character. We will be in Disneyworld next week. I think you have offers for many maps but if you need us to pick up a couple just let me know. I would like to send your son something if you send me your address. I also see you have a couple of other children. Are they interested in Disney also? There really is pixie dust magic on these boards.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

I know I have some stuff laying around somewhere...if you need more, please PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Thank you all for your kind words and help. We have maps coming from some wonderful DIS members. It warms my heart knowing people like this are around. The DIS members never let you down! Sending prayers and blessing to all , and extra pixie dust! pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter