can someone explain what photopass is?

missfigment

Mouseketeer
Can someone tell me what a photopass is? Ive heard it mentioned several times and seen pics of peoples but i dont kind understand what it's for.:confused3

...is that there are Disney photographers everywhere. They take your picture on their digital cameras, then give you a photopass card (looks like a credit card). That way, you don't have to print the pictures right then - in fact, you can wait until you get home to print them.

You keep the card, so if you want another pic somewhere else, you just give your card to that photographer, they scan it, take your pic, and the new pics are now associated with your others.

Very convenient!

" Disney's PhotoPass is a system used at Disney theme parks where digital pictures taken by professional photographers are linked to a free card containing a barcode and serial number. Guests can view or purchase PhotoPass pictures at select locations in the parks or online by registering the card's PhotoPass number. "

This is from wikipedia (Disney's Photopass)

We went in September of 07 and got a photopass card but never used it, we just used our own camera and printed out pictures later, although I can see how it would be great if you don't want to lug around a camera.

DIsney has some professional photographers in the parks, at prime locations. (In front of Cinderella's Castle, places like that that just SCREAM "Photo Op!!") They'll take your picture (sometimes inserting something cute, like Tinkerbell into your outstretched hand) for free. They'll give you a card with a bar code on it. (You'll only need one card per trip, though you can certainly double or triple up if you choose.)

We pre-ordered the Photopass CD for $99, as opposed to the regular price of $120. I started a share with my sister and my friend, both of whom were going to WDW within 2 weeks of my trip. (That meant we each chipped in only $33 for the CD.)

When we returned, we inputted the code numbers on the card into our account. We edited our pictures-- sometimes adding borders or inserting a character into the corner. (doing so does NOT lose the original; it merely adds to the number of pictures on the CD.)

When everyone was done editing, we ordered the CD, and my husband made copies for my sister and my friend.

I wasn't comfortable sharing pictures of my kids with strangers... I think I'm a bit weird that way.... so I didn't do one of the shares here. But lots of people do and find it a way to save money. This year my sister is once again returning at about the same time as us; our trips overlap by a day. So, unless I can find someone else I know going at about the same time, our Photopass share will cost us each $50 this year...still a bargain in my eyes.

Do you tip the photopass photographers?

To be honest, that never occurred to me. If I tipped every one of those photographers, I can't begin to wonder what those pictures would have cost!

My husband did have a number of great Canon/Nikon discussions with the photographers though!!!

Do you have to print them on your home computer, or does Disney send you the pictures that you order?

Disney prints and sends them (you pay per photo, of course). You may also purchase a CD with all of your pics on it (which you may them print, presumably). The CD is cheaper if you prebuy it, rather than wait until you get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter