Can someone explain meal plans??

Princess Di

Earning My Ears
So much has changed since our last Disney tripabout 4 years ago...could someone explain about the meal plans....do you have to be a resort guest to purchase them, how are they sold ( like by # of days, meal types, etc.?)
And what is this about DR for about all the restaurants that I am reading about?? Just when you think you have a handle on this stuff they go and change everything!!

Thanks!
Princess Di princess:

Stayed just about everywhere in the world since 1976!!

You have to book a magic your way package to get the meal plan. It is 35 a day for 10 yr old and over, 10 a day for 3-9 yr old. They are sold by the number of nights you are staying, but can be used up until 11:59 p.m. on the day you check out. Each person gets one table service, one counter service, and one snack per day.

ADRs are advanced dinner reservations. You can make them 90 days ahead, in general, by calling WDW-dine.

ADR = Advanced Dining Reservations....just a new phrase for what they use to call "Priority Seating" (PS)

I talked to a CM at Disney and they said it was the exact same thing...no change to the procedure....just to the name....they thought ADR sounded better.

As far as the meal plan......Here is the doc on the plan:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...gespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/MYWDining.pdf

And here are all of the menus from each restaurant:
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

The plan gives each of the people in your party the following for every day you are there:

A Sit Down Meal (Table Service/TS), which includes an appetizer, main course, dessert and drink

A Counter Service (CS) which includes meal, dessert and drink

A snack which could be a Mickey Mouse Ice cream, a soda, cookie, etc.

It is flexible so that you can use all CS one day and all TS on another day, etc.

Because so many people are getting the meal plan, and the TS restaurants fill up, it is recommended that you make ADR for all your TS meaning that you will have to plan ahead. You can make ADR up to 90 days before your trip.

Thanks for all your help--you answered what I needed to know...as always you "Disneyites" are great!!! Princess Di princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter