• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Can someone explain how an upgrade works?

Just because you have never been upgraded is no reason to cancell your trip and hurt your grandson, because that would be unfair to him.

Well. Duh.

Re-read what I wrote. I said if it WEREN'T for him, I'd cancel. I would never cancel a trip that involved him. That would be more than unfair. What kind of a grandparent do you think I am?

By the way, I'm not "desperate" for an upgrade. I've been more than willing to pay for what I get--for many years. I'll probably continue to do so--for my grandson. I've spent tens (maybe hundreds--I'm scared to sit down and figure it out) of thousands of dollars over the years. The only resorts we haven't stayed at are Grand Floridian and Pop.

Reading about people getting free upgrades from values to deluxe resorts in addition to free dining is a little discouraging. I think I'm just feeling a little foolish for spending another $3,600+ for this trip, when I could have waited until the end of August and possibly received much more for my money.

It just would be nice if Disney offered upgrades or something for loyal repeat guests. That's all I was saying.

It just would be nice if Disney offered upgrades or something for loyal repeat guests. That's all I was saying.
Anybody can say that if they have never been upgraded and are repeat guests to WDW. If my family and I wanted to we could tell the Contemporary to check their computer system and see all the stays we have had their since May 1998 and that we should be upgraded a lot more often. However we don't because we are happy with what we always book, so it does not bother us that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter