• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can somene tell me about the "free" beach in Nassau?

I like that Cabbage is close to Atlantis. Was reading a review on tripadvisor where someone walked over to Atlantis to eat lunch and walk through the caves.

Is the path to the beach easy for an elderly person? My 90 year old grandmother will be with us.

Jodie

It goes through trees, so if I remember correctly there may have been some roots that stuck up through the sand. It might just take you a little longer than most to get her there :) I guess it depends on how able bodied she is to begin with.

I apologize that this is a photo of a photo, don't have access to a scanner at the moment. This is the top of the path, the part you walk down is to the left of the photo if I remember correctly:
33ykl6q.jpg

It goes through trees, so if I remember correctly there may have been some roots that stuck up through the sand. It might just take you a little longer than most to get her there :) I guess it depends on how able bodied she is to begin with.

Thank you. How long is the cab ride?

The public beach is not within walking distance. You will need to either take a water taxi or regular taxi to the Atlantis. The beach is a short walk from the Atlantis. We have been there many times with no problem.

Yes it is, Junkanoo is a free public beach and we walked there last October :thumbsup2
We went there w/our 3 kids, ages 4, 9 and 12. Restrooms were clean and no one bothered us. (There's a small daquiri Hut and there was one lady selling necklaces.)
Here are some pix. and a goofy video I shot(shows a panorama of the beach area)
DSC07459.jpg

DSC07460.jpg

DSC07467.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/loveysbydesign/?action=view&current=junkanoobeachnassua-1.mp4
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v65/loveysbydesign/?action=view&current=junkanoobeachnassua-1.mp4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter